Waxing

Hi guys, i am curious what people are using for waxes? If you are using clay bars as well as polish then wax? let me know your steps and what you typically do, i have some experience doing clay barring and waxing.

Thanks!

I've been meaning to wax mine. Probably just going to use regular old Turtle Wax. Or I might have a Meguiar's product in a little gift set my Dad bought me. Probably will opt for that one. I'll use the Turtle Wax on the Land Cruiser :)

i just used Pinnacle Diamond Paint coating last week for the second time since 2014. it lasts about a year and a half. i washed, clayed, polished then diamond coating and my 2014 looks like brand new still. before i used that stuff i used to use Collinite 845. if you have never heard of that or used it you used do a little research on that product. Its much cheaper than the Diamond coating and would not heistate to use it again when i'm out of the Diamond Coating.

RC73

I use Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax. As far as steps:
1. wash
2. clay bar- if needed
3. sealant- if its never been applied- also totally optional
4. polish
5. wax

If you can put in the time and effort, Zaino Bros. showroom polish is considered the gold standard. Go on their website and check it out, but it really requires a massive amount of effort. Since I do not ever have any spare time, I go through the local gas station car wash these days.

I am going through a whole bunch on this right now. I just bought this two year old 2014 Corolla LE. It is black pearl. I don't think you want to hear about everything I'm doing to the paint. I got a real good deal on it. Wouldn't have bought a black car otherwise.

As a base finish.... I'm applying Menzerna's Sealer Polish... It's called "Power Lock Plus, Jescar" ... This should provide all the shine and protection I could ever want. It is just a polymer sealant. I'll see on reapply. Maybe once in six months or a year?
On top of that. Meguiars has wonderful products. I'm applying Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax. Might seem like overkill. But two reasons.
One) This is a combination Sealer Polish/ Wax. Wax always adds depth. Especially on top of Sealer Polish. But I am depending on Menzerna for my buffing and strong protection of my clear coat.
Two) This is my daily driver. It can get literally slammed by the weather. I have a monthly membership at a touchless car wash for it. Can wash it daily if I wish. The car wash has an underbody wash....I want that very much...especially when it snows and they put that ice melt on the roads. So right after that wash. I can easily touch up the drying of the car. It never gets it all. Then...here is part of the reason for Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax... I'm using Meguiars X-press spray on wax. Apply it right after the car wash. Goes on and off quick and easy. It goes with the Ultimate Wax perfectly. They say it's important to go with a spray on wax that matches the wax on the car. I'm not saying I am definitely going to use this each and everytime I wash the car. No way I'm getting out in the middle of a bad storm at 25 degrees, with wind blowing like heck. But I will wash the car obsessively because of the undercarriage wash and ice melt on the roads.
This X-press wax I have been advised, is a wonderful product. Great for maintaining the paint. It goes great on anything. So go ahead and use it on the plastic moldings, plastic grill, windows. It's just great stuff. Guy who advised me is a very successful detailer in so cal. He even uses this stuff on the interior...on very expensive cars. Even on leather seats. Can use it on the touch screen of the computer. It's just great stuff for maintaining and protecting your car. I'm sold on it. It only comes in a gallon jug. Sold through amazon.
If you would like more info from my 'advisor'. PM me. I'll give you his website addy. He has videos on youtube. He's one of those people who come across without any deceit. Very real and candid.