What are these things on the door and where can I get them ?

I've simply called them door guards, or door mouldings . As you know they serve keeping door dings off your doors. They are sold everywhere in colors or chrome. It shouldn't be hard to find. From dealerships to online vendors. Not a rare thing

I park in tight garages, so I always have them installed on my cars new, by the dealer. I try to work out a deal before signing the new car paperwork. The moulding color is always a perfect match to the car.
When I bought my newest, 2016 Corolla, I noticed that there was a small scratch on the fender. They kept trying to buff it out, but it would not come out. Saleslady asked what she could do, I said I wanted the door mouldings installed at dealer cost. I think it was like $80, and they installed them at my first scheduled maintenance. She tried telling me they were $350, but I knew better. I'll get a picture, I'm very happy with the product.

I had them installed on my last 2010 Corolla, new, by the dealer. $100 installed. The shape was different, but the color was perfect. They even had metallic flakes. The car had almost 250K miles on it before my unattentive step daughter decided to wreck it last week. Mouldings were still firmly attached.

My 2005 Corolla came from the factory with the mouldings. It was a white car, but the trim (mouldings, mirrors, etc) was black. I'm not sure why car's don't come with them anymore. I'm guessing manufacturers are trying to save money, but they really do serve a purpose.

Attachments

-BOGEY-

It's my opinion few cars have them because, although they serve a purpose, they are quite unattractive. I personally do not like look.