What did you own/drive before getting your Corolla?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stephanie macdonald, Apr 17, 2016.

1. stephanie macdonald

stephanie macdonald New Member

i drove a 2014 Ford Edge Sport that i ordered special in August of 2014. i got my 2002 Corolla in July of 2015, and sold my Edge a few days later.

Corolatepe likes this.
  2. Corolla Forum Sign Up!

Join CorollaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota Corolla fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Corolla and Matrix Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Toyota, and have a great time with other Corolla fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Toyota you'll find that Corolla Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join CorollaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Neil

Neil New Member

4. Neil

Neil New Member

Corollas for twenty-eight years--

'88 wagon, 1988-2001 (pretty good car)

1993 CE, Late 1992-2012 (best car I've ever owned)

2012 Base, 2012-2015 (WORST car ever)

2016 Base (better than the 2012 operationally, but just as cheaply made)

5. Dougout

Dougout New Member

2011 Honda Civic. It was a great car.

6. Maple

Maple New Member

1998 Mazda 626.
    The salesman decided to be rude and conflicting. Said: You drove that old car for 18 years? I told him: Don't worry. This one should last longer. He got this weird contorted look on his face.

7. Bunta

Bunta New Member

2000 isuzu rodeo
    1998 honda civic hatchback (loved it)
    2004 vw jetta (pain in the D!*#)

8. DCBronco

DCBronco New Member

2005 Ford Ranger
    2012 Honda Fit
    2013 Hyundai Veloster
    2014 Hyundai Elantra GT
    2017 Toyota Corolla LE

Got the Corolla for a steal that I just couldn't pass up. Quite frankly I think the Corolla is the best car I've owned thus far and am very happy with it.

9. Bunta

Bunta New Member

how was the veloster?

10. DCBronco

DCBronco New Member

The Veloster was a great car. Very unique and I enjoyed the heck out of it. I often regret trading it in, but I had the Non-Turbo which was one of the bigger disappointments. The power output of the Veloster NA 1.6L is about the same as our Corolla 1.8L. Up to the Turbo version and you've got 75hp more to play with.

11. Corolatepe

Corolatepe New Member

I have to say your post is one of the best I have seen. Trading a 2014 edge to a 2002 corolla says a lot about a corolla. I had a brand new 1994 honda accord with a lot of problems from the start. Not small problems but major. Thermostat, oil seal. Sold the car 2000. Then Camry then 2010 corolla

12. Corolatepe

Corolatepe New Member

deleted

13. ToyBoy

ToyBoy New Member

Had a 2009 Scion XB that I traded in on my 2014 Corolla. I liked my 09 Scion XB but I`m very happy with the 14 Corolla.Plus the Corolla gets better gas mileage and that`s a strong selling point for me. Plus It has a smoother ride.

14. Denis L'Heureux

Denis L'Heureux New Member

drove my 12 gmc terrain or 12 ford focus titanium..... traded the focus for a 14 corolla S premium then 2 weeks ago traded that in for the 17 corolla XSE

Attached Files:

15. echarleswhyte

echarleswhyte New Member

I traded in a 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix. Apart from having about just of 4grand of rear damage (which I did not know about until I traded it in) It was a great car. I just got tired of the gas mileage so I got my 2013 used Corolla manual trans. It was sold as used but only had 5100km on it.

16. Ben14

Ben14 New Member

Drove and still have a 1998 Chevy Silverado Z71.

Thing is pretty trick for $310k miles with original engine, trans, and rear end. Done work to all 3 buts it's still great.

17. CorollaKid

CorollaKid New Member

I drove many, many cars before my current Corolla. The most recent one was a 2004 Volo S80 T6. Luxurious and fast, but a money pit!

18. 1992 Toyota Celica - Manual (Favorite car to drive by far, too bad it had electrical issues that left me stranded on multiple occasions but I was a poor college student)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier (it lasted, was in my family bought new until a fool in an SUV decided to make a U-turn without yielding, clipped the car and destroyed the rear axle, insurance called it a total loss because it would be cheaper to pay blue book value than fix the damage, but engine ran great).

2015 Corolla S Plus (Very responsive)

2016 Corolla Special Edition (I do not feel it was better than the 2015)

The corolla is just so inexpensive to maintain and the amount of space inside is great. My dad had a 1992 Corolla, he bought for $500 from someone that burned a lot of money, he noticed that issue was probably easier to fix, fixed it and it ran great for another decade, original engine.

He got rid of it after well over 230k miles, 3/4 door handles broke due to the sun making the plastic handles brittle, the speedometer did not read speed anymore (he used an app on the phone to get the speed), cigarette lighter did not work so he could not charge anything anymore. Paint was pretty much gone. But the engine was great, no issues what-so-ever, he maybe only changed spark plugs, belt, and regular maintenance, but nothing else. It sounded like it could run a few more years.

19. Harley 110

Harley 110 New Member

2010 Suzuki Kizashi, 140,000 miles later the CVT blew up, No dealer Network, not worth fixing, I'll donate it. Now I went with a Falcon Gray SE

20. FinalGear

FinalGear New Member

93 Honda Civic Ex (requires maintenance every weekend :mad:) Sold it ---> got brand new 2008 Corolla S off the dealer's lot and it still runs STRONG!

21. LadyRay

LadyRay New Member

2011 BMW X5 xdrive 35i fully loaded with twin turbo sold it and bought 2017 corolla manual

22. Bob Zukaberg

Bob Zukaberg New Member

2003 honda civic coupe ex

23. lar.smith

lar.smith New Member

48 Ford coup, 50 Ford convertible , 53 Chevy hardtop, 56 Chevy hardtop , 57 Ford Thunderbird , 61 Austin Healy 5000, 60 Ford covertible, 65 Mustang , 69 shelby Mustang, 69 Pontiac Bonniville, 70 Ford 4x4 pickup, 75 Ford Torino, 77 Chevy Monti Carlo, 84 Buick Regal, 2003 Ford Ranger Edge, 2004 Honda CRV, 2010 Toyota Prius,

81 Frieghtliner 3 axle tractor and 83 Peterbilt # axle tractor,

50 years of drivinf probable a lot more I can't remember.

24. JohnnieXSE

JohnnieXSE New Member

2003 Honda Civic EX. Drove it well over 300k until the transmission finally died. Engine was replaced at 225k. Would have bought another Honda, but there was an awesome deal on the 2017 Corolla.

25. ToyBoy

ToyBoy New Member

2017 Rolls Royce Ghost. Didn`t get near the mileage my Corolla gets.

26. klebinek

klebinek New Member

2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4x4 with all the options. Put over 200k miles on it and it needed some work but I'm sure I could have kept it for another couple of hundred thousand miles. Reason why I sold it was outdated safety equipment and stiff ride. My daughter was just born and I needed airbags everywhere and car with crumple zone technology that uses high strength steel. Gas mileage doesn't hurt either since the 4 runner was terrible on gas. Don't get me wrong, I've had it since new and had a lot of fun with it. It was a great reliable car. Kind of nice to switch to something small and nimble after owning that tank for 15 years.

27. ToyBoy

ToyBoy New Member

Also the Rolls Royce cost me $300,000 and the Corolla only 19K.

28. ToyBoy

ToyBoy New Member

And who actually believed I owned a Rolls Royce? :)

29. CarinaAra

CarinaAra New Member

A 2017 Toyota Yaris IA (aka Mazda 2) - which broke down on me after 5 months of getting it (brand new!) so I ended up trading it in and getting a 2018 Corolla LE.

30. ToyBoy

ToyBoy New Member

Curious, what broke on the Yaris IA?

31. CarinaAra

CarinaAra New Member

The camshaft. I also had to take it in a few times because I was getting warning lights that the keyfob wasn't in the car. (which was kind of scary when you're driving) and it took a while to figure that one out. I was just over it at that point. It was a brand new car with too many issues.

32. FJ-1989

FJ-1989 New Member

2005 Dodge Durango, started driving it since 2015 and I loved it until recently I had to trade it in because of the amount of miles I had and it started falling apart. I miss it, but that gas mileage killed me

33. wesley

wesley New Member

Well I can believe you drove RR. My friend from DSRLeasing used to drive more expensive cars in the past than he does now, although I never knew anybody who has jumped down as much as you. May we know a reason? Did you go bankrupt or something?

34. ToyBoy

ToyBoy New Member

I was just trying to be funny wesley. I think some actually may believe I had a Rolls Royce prior to the Corolla :)