What is the fastest way to accelerate?

Hi I was wondering what is the fastest way to accelerate with my 2015 toyota corolla sport; sport button on with car in D, sport button on with car in M, sport button on with car in D with VSC and TRC off, sport button on with car in M with VSC and TRC off. Also when in M would the best time to shift be just before the red line and how big of a difference does the sport button actually make? From what I've done; sport button on with car in D and sport button on with car in D with VSC and TRC off are equally the fastest but I'm curious about what you guys think.

Thank you for any replies.

Hi I was wondering what is the fastest way to accelerate with my 2015 toyota corolla sport; sport button on with car in D, sport button on with car in M, sport button on with car in D with VSC and TRC off, sport button on with car in M with VSC and TRC off. Also when in M would the best time to shift be just before the red line and how big of a difference does the sport button actually make? From what I've done; sport button on with car in D and sport button on with car in D with VSC and TRC off are equally the fastest but I'm curious about what you guys think.

A 6-speed MT will be even quicker if that's what you are worried about.

Get a throttle response controller.

But DA WEI I doit bruddah. I have sport mode on trac off launch in 1st my(cvt) once your at 5000 put in drive turn off sport mode in second (be quick sport mode is slower in 2nd )turn it back on in 3rd

A 6-speed MT will be even quicker if that's what you are worried about.
You and your MT suggestions. Of course it will be quicker but you have to realize most queries posted on here have cvt in mind and your answer to everything is to get a manual. Pretty worthless advice. If someone asked a how to question on an automatic transmission I bet your advice would be not to bother just get a MT. I think you need to find a MT corolla forum since this one doesn’t seem to fit your style.

Just a Joke Here!! One time at work this VP and i were talking about what's the fastest accelerating vehicle known to mankind...i did a small google search and came up with the answer: Attach vehicle to aircraft carrier catapult hook. Set launch velocity for an F-18 with full armament. Approximately 10 feet past the bow of the carrier, the vehicle (any make/model, including Corolla) will be accelerating at about 40,000 mph and will have unbelievable mileage until it flies apart from the G forces. That VP avoided me after that email. Wonder Why? Heh heh.

I find Trac control on, sport mode and in M.... Rpm around 5k at each shift through 4.... Even though auto is pretty peppy too... Gets up to 70 pretty fast either way...

You and your MT suggestions. Of course it will be quicker but you have to realize most queries posted on here have cvt in mind and your answer to everything is to get a manual. Pretty worthless advice. If someone asked a how to question on an automatic transmission I bet your advice would be not to bother just get a MT. I think you need to find a MT corolla forum since this one doesn’t seem to fit your style.
The OP asked what was the quickest way to accelerate. I simply pointed out if that is what they are concerned with the best way would be to own a 6MT. I see more people wishing they had bought the 6MT and complaining about the CVT than anything else. I don't mind people driving the CVT, but to buy a CVT and then want it to be more then it is gets old. The simple fact is that the 6MT is quicker and more fun. I drove both before buying a 6MT and the difference was noticeable to me. I own 7 cars.

4 - MT
2 - AT
1 - CVT

I just make sure that I buy what I want for each vehicle. If more then one transmission choice is available I test drive both and make the proper choice that I want. If there is only one choice I make sure that is what I want and can live with in that car. Ever since I bought my 2009 Corolla S with a 5MT I've seen people wishing they had a MT. Don't hate the messenger for pointing out what others keep complaining about!

This all for fun so don't be such a Debbie Downer! :cool:

The OP asked what was the quickest way to accelerate. I simply pointed out if that is what they are concerned with the best way would be to own a 6MT. I see more people wishing they had bought the 6MT and complaining about the CVT than anything else. I don't mind people driving the CVT, but to buy a CVT and then want it to be more then it is gets old. The simple fact is that the 6MT is quicker and more fun. I drove both before buying a 6MT and the difference was noticeable to me. I own 7 cars.

4 - MT
2 - AT
1 - CVT

I just make sure that I buy what I want for each vehicle. If more then one transmission choice is available I test drive both and make the proper choice that I want. If there is only one choice I make sure that is what I want and can live with in that car. Ever since I bought my 2009 Corolla S with a 5MT I've seen people wishing they had a MT. Don't hate the messenger for pointing out what others keep complaining about!

This all for fun so don't be such a Debbie Downer! :cool:
Would be interesting to see time slips from 2018 corollas... Base models, 1- 6MT and 1 CVT... Let the cvt one run in auto and one in manual mode... Would be interesting to see any difference... Use same driver and same fuel so people can't complain about driver skill or fuel... But out of the millions of cvt's out there we've seen very limited bitchin...

Would be interesting to see time slips from 2018 corollas... Base models, 1- 6MT and 1 CVT... Let the cvt one run in auto and one in manual mode... Would be interesting to see any difference... Use same driver and same fuel so people can't complain about driver skill or fuel... But out of the millions of cvt's out there we've seen very limited bitchin...
I don't think that there is any problem with the CVT except that people aren't used to how they work and it's a new experience for them. The 6MT is quicker unless the driver just doesn't know how to drive a MT very well.

I mean they both have the same motor and hp, I guess it would depend how much power loss at the front wheels between the manual vs the cvt... It would be a fun and interesting test.... You can pretty much match shift points between the both.... I think it be pretty damn close... But fun as fck...

I mean they both have the same motor and hp, I guess it would depend how much power loss at the front wheels between the manual vs the cvt... It would be a fun and interesting test.... You can pretty much match shift points between the both.... I think it be pretty damn close... But fun as fck...
There have been several comparisons on You Tube. The best comparison was 2 identical iM's where both drivers raced both cars. The 6MT was much quicker. The CVT is a slug off of the line and by that time it was all over. They were doing this in Colorado at a high elevation that will kill the power you do have but it did show that the 6MT was several car lengths quicker than the CVT.