What is this part?

Hi all, probably a flash in the pan here but giving it a shot. My daughter has a 2012 Corolla S. She texted me a pic tonight of some kind of part hanging down and asked if I could come to her workplace tomorrow and have a look. Not sure what this is though. It looks like maybe some kind of hatch or cover for something? Trying to think on whether it's a swinging piece that can be put back in place or what it might be. I drive an F150 myself and other than doing routine maintenance for her, do not have a lot of familiarity with these cars. Any ideas? Help Daddy be the hero! Thanks!

Attachments

Did she run over something? It looks like part of the attachment for the lower sill for the S model. It seems something got caught on it and pulled it loose. surprised it did not rip off. Should be able to push it back up in place and re-attach. Might need new plastic fasteners.

Did she run over something? It looks like part of the attachment for the lower sill for the S model. It seems something got caught on it and pulled it loose. surprised it did not rip off. Should be able to push it back up in place and re-attach. Might need new plastic fasteners.
You nailed it. Some kind of hinged retainer panels that are a sub-section of the overall sill retainer. The three holes were where the retainer clips go in. I stopped at a Toyota dealership on the way and picked up three of them. P/N: 7694-02020. Two were missing and the remaining one was broken (see pic). It took less than a minute to put the three new ones in and fix her up.

Not sure if I'll be back here again anytime soon, so I'll say thanks for the consult!!

Attachments