What is this ? What does yours look like ?

I recently had a problem with my reverse lights and my trunk light . I swear for almost 6 months or longer I have tried everything , as far as looking for a broken wire to testing switches and who knows what other things I did .

For some odd reason I traced the wire but this time I really traced the wire and pulled down the carpet on the driver side and I came upon this box with a opened end . I put a tester and bam I have power . So I jumped wires and Wa La the reverse lights worked I did the same to the trunk lights and it worked ,

My question is does anyone know what was suppose to go there or if you can take a picture of yours so I can see what I'm missing .

Thanks

Sorry I have no conclusive answer.
That looks like the left side of the trunk. I have a 2010 and I have half as many wires ALL in a nice tightly wrapped harness, no plugs or anything like that. All my wires are green or cream color except there's 1 red and a white with a black stripe wire that comes out of the bundle close to the seats that goes to the reverse lamps, you clearly have way more than 1 red wire. I'm guessing some optional package like a 6 disk CD changer or trailer hitch, just throwing ideas. Why jumping those makes your lamps work I have no idea. You can try to look through one of those repair books like Haynes or Chilton but probably the best way is to stop in at a junk yard and find your year and tear into it if it hasn't already. To me that doesn't look factory how it's all been undone. Those 3 red with black stripe wires with a cap in there is not factory, they would not do something that would fall out, ground and cause a fire.