What is this?

I have 2010 Toyota Corrola. The other day I hit the road divider and the attached thing fell off. This was attached below the battery under the hood on the driver's side. Can someone please tell me what this is and how do I get it replaced?

Thank you!

Attachments

If I am not mistaken, I removed it on my car once but since put it back, it looks like the air intake 'resonator'. I don't know what it does or what it is for but there is a hose that connects onto the top hole from the intake hose beside the battery.

I have 2010 Toyota Corrola. The other day I hit the road divider and the attached thing fell off. This was attached below the battery under the hood on the driver's side. Can someone please tell me what this is and how do I get it replaced?

Thank you!
its safe not to install or replace it... i can tell you because i do that... :)

I am not 100% sure, but I doubt it is emission control, there is nothing in it that can control anything. I since my first response I have removed it again and there is no issue with the car.

I am not 100% sure, but I doubt it is emission control, there is nothing in it that can control anything. I since my first response I have removed it again and there is no issue with the car.
Well, the "control" in "Emission Control Device" is from the state. You know: "State-mandated Emissions Controls" meaning they are controlling emissions allowed in their state. ;)

It looks like the charcoal chamber that a lot of 50-state (ie, "California Spec") cars and motorcycles would have. A lot of vehicles have a 49-state version and a 50-state version and a box like that to vent vapors into is often the major visible difference.