What Speed Do You Like To Drive?

Kev250R

This is my other car
5-10 over the limit depending on what I'm driving and where I'm driving.

Quick story about speedometers: I have an Uncle who is very straight-laced and drives close to the posted speed limit religiously. Last Thanksgiving we traded cars (it's a long story) he and his family drove my crew-cab Silverado (with 35" tires and a 6" lift) 50 miles to a family gathering and I drove his car (bone stock Honda Civic). Later in the day when we'd both gotten to our destination we were talking about the drive (we'd both left at different times and he hit a lot more rain than I had). What he couldn't understand was how he had made it to our destination so much faster than he normally did when he drove his car. That's when I told him that I'd never had the speedometer in my truck recalibrated for the larger tires; in that truck an indicated 60 is really 70. Indicated 70 is closer to 80. His face dropped when I told him that. Then my Aunt leaned-over and told him she'd driven the truck before and knew that but had opted not to mention it to him since she didn't want to risk them being late! :laughing:

Now whenever he borrows something of mine he sticks his GPS in the window, just in case :rolleyes:

Kevin

Last edited: