What the heck is that noise???

This is not the first Toyota that I have owned that makes this sound, but does anyone know for sure what it is and doing?

Doesn't bother me in the slightest but I am curious. Our Highlander did/does the same thing. (Lives outside now)

Sounds like the fuel system is re pressurizing? This is the first time I've heard the Corolla do it.
Car has been sitting turned off for maybe six hours. Temp around 50°

Oh I heard that noise before on my car also. It's coming from the evap system. Underneath the driver side on the rear passing the gas tank there's a charcoal canister with a vent solenoid. If u hear it again go underneath and u can touch it and actually feel it when it's on.

Oh I heard that noise before on my car also. It's coming from the evap system. Underneath the driver side on the rear passing the gas tank there's a charcoal canister with a vent solenoid. If u hear it again go underneath and u can touch it and actually feel it when it's on.
So I'll assume that this is normal.
So you think that it's venting pressure?
It made noise for a good 10 minutes last night!

Yes it's normal. I do think that it's venting pressure or better yet rerouting to somewhere else. I need to investigate how toyotas evap system works. Each manufacturer has different process in how the evap system works.

This is normal, my dad and I got into an argument debating what this was, and I ended up finding it's the evap system, like someone mentioned above. His '07 Tacoma did it (and the guy at the dealership kept telling him it was a battery issue?), His '14 Tundra does it, and my '15 corolla does it.

Straight from the OM (2014 - p.8)
"Noise from under vehicle after turning off the engine :
Approximately five hours after the engine is turned off, you may hear sound coming from under the vehicle for several minutes.
This is the sound of a fuel evaporation leakage check and, it does not indicate a malfunction.
"

Straight from the OM (2014 - p.8)
"Noise from under vehicle after turning off the engine :
Approximately five hours after the engine is turned off, you may hear sound coming from under the vehicle for several minutes.
This is the sound of a fuel evaporation leakage check and, it does not indicate a malfunction.
"
Hahahahaha, guess I should read it once in a while! And just 8 pages in!!