When cold, it sounds like a tractor

My first question to the forum and hoping someone has some ideas.
I bought my 2005 Corolla 2.0 D-4D in June. It worked perfectly fine but now, with the cold weather, until it warms up, it sounds like a tractor. Almost as if an injector is not working. I took it back to the dealer and they said that that is normal. I'm worried that because it has a one year guarantee, they are hoping that this won't happen when the warmer weather sets in and by next winter, the guarantee will have run out.
Any ideas gratefully accepted.

Betzy

My first question to the forum and hoping someone has some ideas.
I bought my 2005 Corolla 2.0 D-4D in June. It worked perfectly fine but now, with the cold weather, until it warms up, it sounds like a tractor. Almost as if an injector is not working. I took it back to the dealer and they said that that is normal. I'm worried that because it has a one year guarantee, they are hoping that this won't happen when the warmer weather sets in and by next winter, the guarantee will have run out.
Any ideas gratefully accepted.
You have a good point. Dealer has to get the mechanic to test & drive do better than a quick answer. Bring it back have it checked and document the paperwork. To me sounds like bad fuel or water in the gas tank.
Was it sitting and stored long before you purchase it?
Betz

Attachments

I had the same problem last year. A strange metallic sound appeared in the engine area in cool weather, very similar to some bearing. I replaced the air conditioner bearing, but it didn't help. The noise was manifested only in the cold. When it got warm, nothing could be heard. A friend who drove with me by car a couple of times said it was quieter to drive a tractor and advised me to buy one for myself https://www.machinerydealer.co.uk. However, I assumed that the problem was in the pump and turned to an auto mechanic. It turned out that I was right. Try to get a full diagnosis.