When is it "OK" to turn on Sport Mode

so when I'm driving sometimes i want to turn on sport mode so as I'm accelerating sometimes i just press the button and turn it on and if i want it off i do the same thing.....is it bad to turn it on and off while your driving? or should you turn it on while its in park? i turn it on and off frequently and just wondered

Go for it. I guess you are wearing the belt a little. Does anyone know how long it's supposed to last?

I like to use it when merging into traffic. Also, nice to use it when driving side street - tranny stays revved a little faster. This transmission is so smooth, but can be more radical when "shifting". Who would have thought that people wouldn't like a transmission unless it "shifted"?

You should be fine pushing it anytime. I think it just tells the transmission to let the RPM's climb higher before allowing it to shift.

Sport mode can last as long as you want. all is does is re-map the "sensitivity" of the accelerator and increase RPM's so you have the feeling of fast. It is NOT a Nitrous boost that you have to turn off after a few seconds. I believe (as with most other cars) when the car is turned off it reverts back to "normal" mode. you can press Sport as soon as you turn your car on. Just be aware it will affect gas mileage (worse) as the RPM's will be increased along with the response.

Exactly as it has been explained. It really does not do a lot, especially when going WOT. In fact, it has been pretty much documented across many different makes and brands that Sport mode makes no real difference in most vehicles during WOT runs. During less than WOT, it re-maps the transmission to feel more aggressive or to hold higher rpms. For instance, I use Sport mode all the time when I need some engine braking when going down a long hill. If I need a lot, I will switch it into B and let this little lawn mower engine do what it can to keep me from smoking my brakes.