Where Can I Get '95 Corolla Wagon Struts & Suspension Parts?

Hi. All 4 struts and coil springs need replacement on my 1995 Corolla DX wagon, 1.8 liter engine. I'm having a major issue finding the parts. The issue is that they are readily available for the sedans, but not the wagons. I know why - as you all know - the 93-96 wagons are really rare, and the manufacturers like Monroe, Delco, and KYB just didn't figure it was worth producing product for the .01 % of the Corolla market represented by the DX wagon model.

I did call all the above manufacturers and I was told no, I can't use the sedan strut assemblies, or even the separate struts and coil springs, from the sedans and put them onto the wagon. It makes sense - the wagon is significantly heavier, both unloaded and of course with the typical loads wagon drivers are carrying. So it's totally a different strut. Yet wagon struts aren't available! I've tried rock auto.com and many internet parts sellers. Only the dealers carry some of the parts (at a King's ransom) and even the dealers now "unavailable" now for the wagon coil springs.

First I tried to find the complete strut assembly because those are pre-assembled, pre-loaded complete with the coil springs, and they're much easier to install. Tons of availability for the sedans, but nothing for the wagon. (I should emphasize again - you're not supposed to use the sedan ones in the wagon. Totally different weight loads.) Then I tried buying just the strut, and then just the coil spring, separately, for the wagon. Again, none of the wagon springs or struts can be found.

Does anyone have a good source for wagon-specific strut components, mid-90s? There must be other wagon-eers who have had this difficulty. Thanks in advance for any leads or tips!

I know this is an old post, but did you ever find a solution? I just recently acquired a 96 wagon and I think it's got the sedan struts. Looking to stiffen it up a bit.

p0x1c

Looking at the Toyota OEM part numbers, the only difference in the suspension I am seeing is the springs themselves. Dampers and arms all show the same P/N's

Hi

I also have a '95 Corolla wagon (bought it 2 years ago, the car now has 274 000 miles on it, not sure how old the current suspension is) and am looking to replace all 4 struts and springs. At least three of them if not all of them are really bad, won't last me much longer.

I've been doing research for months trying to find station wagon suspension... But have been unsuccessful. I've decided that since I almost never carry much weight in the car - about 80% of the time I drive alone, 10-15% of the time with only one passenger, and only about 5% of the time I have more than one passenger - I'd go with the sedan suspension which seems to be a lot more available.

I looked at specs (in my owner's manual) and it seems that both the sedan and the station wagon have the same load capacity on both the front and read axels (front isn't a problem anyway because the suspension is the same for sedan and wagon). I therefore told myself, since I really don't carry around much weight and since they both seem to have the same weight limit, I could get away with a sedan suspension.

I came to the conclusion that KYB Strut-Plus are my best choice. More specifically SR4062, SR4063, SR4066, SR4067.

Any opinions, objections, or advice? Any input will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

For anyone interested, I ended up going with the sedan suspension. KYBs are nice and stiff, make a huge difference in handling. The car does sit a little higher in the front than in the back but I don't care because it's so much more stable. A lot less bouncy. Even though it's lower in the back than in the front, it's still higher than what it was on the previous set of suspension.

In conclusion, if you're looking for a quick strut replacement, in my opinion KYBs for sedan will do the trick, especially if you're not carrying much weight most of the time.