Whistling sound when i turn on heater.

This morning i noticed a whistling sound coming out everytime i turn on the heater. But once i turn it off it goes away, i remember the same noise last summer with the AC but after a while it went away. Should i be concerned or is it normal? Ill give it a week and see if it goes away, but if not i will have to pay a visit to Toyota.

This morning i noticed a whistling sound coming out everytime i turn on the heater. But once i turn it off it goes away, i remember the same noise last summer with the AC but after a while it went away. Should i be concerned or is it normal? Ill give it a week and see if it goes away, but if not i will have to pay a visit to Toyota.
Have you cleaned or replaced the cabin air filter? Sounds like you might have a leaf in there.

Have you cleaned or replaced the cabin air filter? Sounds like you might have a leaf in there.
Yes it was replaced last summer. Toyota said next oil change i might have to do it again.And my last visit was last December so they inspect it everything. If there was a leaf how can i do it myself?

Yes it was replaced last summer. Toyota said next oil change i might have to do it again.And my last visit was last December so they inspect it everything. If there was a leaf how can i do it myself?
Remove the glove box, behind it is the door for the filter.
Open glove box and remove contents. On the left is a damper that can be removed by pulling to the right. Then just squeeze the side of the back of the glove box and pull it away. Don't worry, you can't hurt it and it was made for this. Behind the glovebox there is a door for the filter, it has a tab on at least one side of it. Move tab(s) and the door should open, inside is the filter.
Most of us on this forum have replaced our filters with K&N filters. They are "washable", and do a better job than the factory units.

ToyBoy

Yea I was thinking the same thing. A leaf or something hung up. I agree about first checking the cabin filter. Only takes a few minutes. Cabin filters are cheap I just replace mine if I`m going to remove it.Lifespan varies from place to place, did mine at 20k miles and about to do it again I`m close to 38k miles.Will wait a bit til it warms up here.

Remove the glove box, behind it is the door for the filter.
Open glove box and remove contents. On the left is a damper that can be removed by pulling to the right. Then just squeeze the side of the back of the glove box and pull it away. Don't worry, you can't hurt it and it was made for this. Behind the glovebox there is a door for the filter, it has a tab on at least one side of it. Move tab(s) and the door should open, inside is the filter.
Most of us on this forum have replaced our filters with K&N filters. They are "washable", and do a better job than the factory units.