Who prefers LE front over S

I'm not saying the S front bumper design is ugly, but I chose LE Premium with the nice bumper and fog lights over S because I think it looks more sporty and mean and just added a spoiler. Not sure what Toyota was thinking but that LE bumper is freaking awesome, has this widening effect especialy when lowered.

Blair

I have an L model the only thing it's missing to make it an S model is the rims the trunk spoiler and the S emblem.

Blair

I have an L model the only thing it's missing to make it an S model is the rims the trunk spoiler and the S emblem.

Blair

I have 6 speed manual transmission. I'm good I got all the torque and power right there with the better throttle response.

Thomas

I like the LE front rather than the S front. The S front looks too aggressive for my taste. I just want something low-key that doesn't stick out.

Wait you're the one with the Mapisa body kit? Do you recommend it?
It's pretty durable BUT I drive low so I've already messed up the front lip which I've just replaced as well as cracked the right side skirt. For cars lowered on springs or stock height, this should be fine durability wise. Another thing to note is that the S lip is different from the L/LE lip and isn't as attractive in my opinion. I do recommend to wrap the front lip in paint protection film to help prevent gouges/chips/cracks etc.

It's pretty durable BUT I drive low so I've already messed up the front lip which I've just replaced as well as cracked the right side skirt. For cars lowered on springs or stock height, this should be fine durability wise. Another thing to note is that the S lip is different from the L/LE lip and isn't as attractive in my opinion. I do recommend to wrap the front lip in paint protection film to help prevent gouges/chips/cracks etc.
Alright alright, do you have lowering springs or bags?

If only le has a rear caliper brakes that would make View attachment 1569 my day in the beginning.
You dont need disks on such a light vehicle in rear. Drums last longer and don't warp. Also Tacoma uses it on their 2106-17 Tacoma since it shields the break system from debris when off-roading. Same thing with salt and other crap on our corollas. Another benefit is you only replace the drum shoes once
In vehicles lifetime. Can't say that about disks.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
with rear disks size & thickness. I change all out at the same time. that is me. At least I inspect my brakes to know when its time to change than cut into the disk/rotor

Drums warp, and wear like disk /rotor

with rear disks size & thickness. I change all out at the same time. that is me. At least I inspect my brakes to know when its time to change than cut into the disk/rotor

Drums warp, and wear like disk /rotor
If they do warp, it's never happened to me, unfortunately I've warped several rotors.

Bunta

i like my LE, but i would like some of the features as the s. for example, the foglights and the side turn signals on the side mirrors. both for practical reasons. now stuff like the tiptronic transmission and spoiler aren't really necessary and the tiptronic tranny is pretty annoying on any car due to it's lag. now the rims are a bonus that i think look the best stock rims for it's class.

...plus i find it kinda foolish that it's a S(sport) and it has a small difference in horse power compared to the base models (140 hp if you're lucky and if you say that your stock s has more than that, then i call bull.). that's just the way i see things since i've seen other cars of it's class that actually have power (mk4 jetta for example 189hp ,stock). it's just something that grinds my gears , but the looks of it i like.

question: do you ever have problems with road stuff like speed bumps and turning into an area with slight elevation?
In those pictures no, I was on air suspension. Currently yes, I'm on coilovers and the lowest part of the car is about 1-1.25 inches off the ground and I can get stuck on driveways/speedbumps but I tend to just park farther out to avoid these things.

Bunta

In those pictures no, I was on air suspension. Currently yes, I'm on coilovers and the lowest part of the car is about 1-1.25 inches off the ground and I can get stuck on driveways/speedbumps but I tend to just park farther out to avoid these things.
lol, i figured that you'd have that problem. what made you switch from the air ones?

...plus i find it kinda foolish that it's a S(sport) and it has a small difference in horse power compared to the base models (140 hp if you're lucky and if you say that your stock s has more than that, then i call bull.).
Actually the S is 132 HP, just like L/LE... but a tad slower with bigger wheels and a tad "funnier" with different logic for the CVT (sport mode, paddle shifting).
Oddly, it's the LE Eco that has 140 HP, same aero gimmicks underneath and little lip spoiler as S but better MPG and 1 second less for 0-60 according to Car and Driver. o_O

Actually the S is 132 HP, just like L/LE... but a tad slower with bigger wheels and a tad "funnier" with different logic for the CVT (sport mode, paddle shifting).
Oddly, it's the LE Eco that has 140 HP, same aero gimmicks underneath and little lip spoiler as S but better MPG and 1 second less for 0-60 according to Car and Driver. o_O
I agree that this is messed up about the horsepower/performance, but there are far more differences in the S than in the L/LE models than the front end. You can get the fog lights on the LE, but you cannot get the turn signal mirrors. The rims are different, & also also bigger. 17x7 rather than 16x6, & come with stickier sport tires. The entire interior is different, from the instrument cluster, to the dash, to the seats & upholstery. I admit that the S front end is kinda funny looking, but it looks better with a good front splitter. I would never trade my S, even though it's an awful CVT, for an LE!

Bunta

that's because the eco one is a turbo charged engine. and thanks for correcting my error about the hp .

Bunta

I agree that this is messed up about the horsepower/performance, but there are far more differences in the S than in the L/LE models than the front end. You can get the fog lights on the LE, but you cannot get the turn signal mirrors. The rims are different, & also also bigger. 17x7 rather than 16x6, & come with stickier sport tires. The entire interior is different, from the instrument cluster, to the dash, to the seats & upholstery. I admit that the S front end is kinda funny looking, but it looks better with a good front splitter. I would never trade my S, even though it's an awful CVT, for an LE!
i forgot about the other features like the dash and the upholstery, good catch.i like the front end, it's just the chrome strip that i find unnecessary. now the 2017 s model's headlights (well all the models i think) are pretty awesome with the dual led lights. i was actually looking for an s model when i was car searching , and i found one but the dealership wanted to screw me over. they made me go through all the paper work and waste like two weeks of my time so that in the end they could tell me that i couldn't get the car i wanted and that i had to get another one that they picked out for me...i sent them that gif of kevin hart rolling out the finger :D

that car was a blue one, originally i was looking for green and after that ordeal i found the right one. it's a green 2016 corolla LE and it's f#$%ing awesome !

all-in-all i just find it underwhelming that the sport model has the same hp as the base ones. nice looking car though

lol, i figured that you'd have that problem. what made you switch from the air ones?
I didn't like my air management (presets never hit the height I wanted) and I wasn't willing to shell out another 1.6k for a more convenient one. They were also too soft for the ride height and wheel setup I'm currently running.

Bunta

I didn't like my air management (presets never hit the height I wanted) and I wasn't willing to shell out another 1.6k for a more convenient one. They were also too soft for the ride height and wheel setup I'm currently running.
yeah, it's an expensive mod if you want the good stuff. that's why ill just keep the oem spec suspension and not mess with it at all.