Who Sells The Best Toyota Extended Warranty ??

I mentioned in another thread I'm going to be buying a new 2018 Corolla in the near future. And I was wondering if any of you guys have purchased an extended warranty with it, and what did you go with? I'm not trying to start an argument over if extended warranties are worth it or not. That's up to the individual. At my age, (retired 65 years old), and with my lifestyle they make sense for the peace of mind they deliver, should something expensive go south unexpectedly. I intend to keep this car a very long time.

But today you have to be careful which one you buy, because a lot of them aren't well received by a lot of dealers. I don't drive a lot of miles, so the longest time duration makes more sense for me than miles. So I'm wondering who offers the longest term extended warranty, along with what the cost is on a vehicle like a Corolla? Thanks in advance.

jolly

I'm not trying to start an argument over if extended warranties are worth it or not. That's up to the individual.
I understand but it’s a bit restrictive to eliminate the self-insurance option VS those “warranties” when trying to find the “best” one. Despite their name, those “warranties” are actually insurances. They sure make sense for a house, costly goods, health issues, as the value insured is high. Trying to put aside enough money “just in case” is virtually impossible.

But for car repairs? I’d say the best one is self-insurance. Saving the cost of the large initial premium and/or setting aside a fixed amount each month during the manufacturer warranty leave the interests (and the capital, if nothing serious happen) to YOU instead of the insurance guy. Without the aggravation of arguing about which maintenance should or should not have been done, why this repair should or should not be covered, franchise…

Sure there is the fear of being particularly unlucky and that’s how they market this gambling and you might be one of those for whom having this insurance would be a relief. But globally, believe me, those insurers don’t operate at a lost. Globally they get more money from customers than what they spend on them. So, to be in direct line with OP question, I’d answer the “Me insurance company”.:)

Because you are playing the odds. Toyotas have been very reliable for long past the time an extended warranty has ended. So most of the time you are just wasting money. It would be better to just save some money each month for future repairs if you wanted. There are many cars that buying an extended warranty would be a good bet but a Corolla isn't one of them.

jolly

I bought the extended warranty for my 2015. Havent needed it
Well, depending on your mileage, you could theoretically still be on manufacturer warranty for a few months (up to two years for powertrain). Which, when such is the case, is another argument to save your money ! :)