Why So Few 2018 Corolla's With The XSE Trim Package ??

I have searched every Toyota dealer here in Phoenix, and have only found one dealer in the entire city wide area that has ANY 2018 Corolla's with the XSE trim package. And even they only have 2. Every other trim package is as common as M&M's. Most dealers out here have anywhere from 40 to 75+ Corolla's in stock on their lots at any given time.... But no XSE's.

Usually they like to sell the higher priced trim packages, because they are more expensive, and they make more profit. I'm not interested in ordering one, and the XSE is the only trim level that comes standard with "leather" seats. I don't want cloth, and EVERY Corolla on EVERY dealers lot out here has cloth, like it or not. I personally think the XSE trim package is worth the price, because it's not all that much more money compared to a loaded SE. And you get the Sun Roof, leather seats, push button starting, and a bunch of other stuff standard. These are the only 2 I've found in the entire Phoenix Metro Area. Most dealers out here don't even list the XSE Trim in their search function.

https://www.toyotaofsurprise.com/inventory.aspx?_new=true&_model=corolla&_trim=xse

Last edited:

jolly

I don't have any statistic, but I'd suspect that despite the larger margin on XSE, the bread and butter Corolla are lower and especially mid versions. The car is at the end of its life cycle and appear to be marketed as the (very good) value option VS newer/more refined competition. Not that the XSE isn't in view of its equipment, but it enter the price territory of other models in a shrinking market while lower/mid versions can't be beat in the price/equipment equation. Plus the SE is close in look and the XLE is close in equipment (minus paddle shifting and grill). In Canada, those "X" aren't even stand alone versions but rather option groups on LE/SE. So I guess it has to do with demand. On the other hand, this might give you some negotiation leverage and, without ordering (is the delay that long ?) they might find you one from dealers elsewhere.

I had my dealer do a swap two states away for my 17 xse... Maine to Massachusetts... They are limited from what I see on the road.... Tell the dealer to do a swap or order one and wait 4-6 weeks

I don't have any statistic, but I'd suspect that despite the larger margin on XSE, the bread and butter Corolla are lower and especially mid versions. The car is at the end of its life cycle and appear to be marketed as the (very good) value option VS newer/more refined competition. Not that the XSE isn't in view of its equipment, but it enter the price territory of other models in a shrinking market while lower/mid versions can't be beat in the price/equipment equation. Plus the SE is close in look and the XLE is close in equipment (minus paddle shifting and grill). In Canada, those "X" aren't even stand alone versions but rather option groups on LE/SE. So I guess it has to do with demand. On the other hand, this might give you some negotiation leverage and, without ordering (is the delay that long ?) they might find you one from dealers elsewhere.
Those paddle shifters are a blast to use.... Lol.

So arnt fake tits on a ugly chick but there a blast to play with... Their fun when downshifting and upshifting around corners... Call'em what you want but I call them fun...

I see no problem with the paddle shifters on the Corolla. They're located far enough inside the steering wheel so as not to be a problem with normal driving. If someone doesn't want to use them, they are not going to be an issue. But I agree that putting any type of "gear shifter" on a transmission that has no gears is silly.

i don't think toyota offered a manual transmission in the xse trim, just the SE 6MT.... i liked the added features of the xse so paddle shifters it is... lol

i don't think toyota offered a manual transmission in the xse trim, just the SE 6MT.... i liked the added features of the xse so paddle shifters it is... lol
It would be easier to have the cloth seats upgraded to leather and add a NAV HU to a SE 6MT then to swap out a CVT for a 6MT in an XSE. SO for that reason alone I would get the SE 6MT. In fact I hate leather seats so I would keep the cloth seats and just upgrade the HU.