Will toyota reimburse me for a battery under warranty?

I have a 2016 Corolla and my battery seems to be going out the last couple of days and now wont start. I cant find anywhere in the warranty book about batteries being covered, but I have read a couple of stories online about people getting their batteries replaced by toyota on their 3 year warranty.

I could literally walk a block and get a new battery from auto zone and install it...but my question is, IF this is something toyota would do for free if I took it in to them, would they also reimburse me for the new battery I buy from auto zone if I took the bad battery into them?

Sorry if this is a dumb question...its my first new car so I dont know much about how warranty works, and the lady I spoke to from toyota on the phone wasn't of much help.

Thanks in advance!

They will warranty it but...
It has to be in the car so they can run their tests and it has to be within the 3/36 warranty.
I went through this when mine was about 2 years old and this is what they wanted me to do.
Instead, I bought an Interstate battery and ignored the warranty. All they will do is replace one for one. I didn’t want another crappy Toyota battery.
In hindsight, I should have bought the optima battery with the top and side posts, yellow top I think. I have amplifiers and this would be a great battery for me to connect that zero gauge wire too.

I have a 2016 Corolla and my battery seems to be going out the last couple of days and now wont start. I cant find anywhere in the warranty book about batteries being covered, but I have read a couple of stories online about people getting their batteries replaced by toyota on their 3 year warranty.

I could literally walk a block and get a new battery from auto zone and install it...but my question is, IF this is something toyota would do for free if I took it in to them, would they also reimburse me for the new battery I buy from auto zone if I took the bad battery into them?

Sorry if this is a dumb question...its my first new car so I dont know much about how warranty works, and the lady I spoke to from toyota on the phone wasn't of much help.

Thanks in advance!
No