Window Defectors or Rain Guards whatever they're called

MovingAsLife

0-60 in 10 minutes!
So what is the "best type" you can get? I've read that the double sided tape is bad even though it's from 3M and what other types are there?

Personally, lmao had to laugh before saying it, I was the person who got the free visors from "Wellvisors" and they've been holding up the past month and a half after every 2 weeks of MY HAND car wash and speeding. I wish they had more shape to them like the civic's visors and not bland.

I have no experience with either, since I'm still saving up for a set, but WeatherTech is the other one beside WellVisor, since I just saw their post on another forum for our Corolla's.

MovingAsLife

0-60 in 10 minutes!
I have no experience with either, since I'm still saving up for a set, but WeatherTech is the other one beside WellVisor, since I just saw their post on another forum for our Corolla's.
yeah that corolla that they posted pictures was my corolla ;lol; they gave me those visors in exchange for "how to installation video" and pictures. Wished I lowered the car before that day so it can look sexier.

I'm curious to see how the weatherTech ones look on out corollas

yeah that corolla that they posted pictures was my corolla ;lol; they gave me those visors in exchange for "how to installation video" and pictures. Wished I lowered the car before that day so it can look sexier.

I'm curious to see how the weatherTech ones look on out corollas
Oh that's awesome, we got the same color lol. I'm looking at the weathertech one, and that's why I am saving up for, since I heard good things about that company also.

ToyBoy

I had the Weather tech , but on my traded in 09 Scion XB . They are good quality and fit in the channels and not taped on . That was the deciding point for me . I believe they are still American made. And that also is a huge plus for me.I`m not familiar with the other one you mentioned.

I have the weather tech ones on my blue Corolla now. I think they look nice. They just give my Corolla such a sportier look. From far away you don't notice the, but up close they look nice. I was thinking about saving money and just going with the ones you stick on. I thought about it for a week and decided if I'm going to do this, I'm going to get the best I can for my baby. It survived a Massachusetts winter. There is a bad thing. Towards the bottom corner of both front windows near the rear view mirrors, sand can get trapped and may scrape the window as it goes up and down. But a high pressure water rinse every now and then will do the trick.

MovingAsLife

0-60 in 10 minutes!
I have the weather tech ones on my blue Corolla now. I think they look nice. They just give my Corolla such a sportier look. From far away you don't notice the, but up close they look nice. I was thinking about saving money and just going with the ones you stick on. I thought about it for a week and decided if I'm going to do this, I'm going to get the best I can for my baby. It survived a Massachusetts winter. There is a bad thing. Towards the bottom corner of both front windows near the rear view mirrors, sand can get trapped and may scrape the window as it goes up and down. But a high pressure water rinse every now and then will do the trick.
thanks for your input and do you mind taking a picture of your deflectors with the window? I'm curious to see and if they look nice I'll swap them out :D

MovingAsLife

0-60 in 10 minutes!
YOU FOOL! 30HP is achieved with the color red!
looks like I spoke too soon about my deflectors :\ the tape is loosening from the visors just a matter of a couple more hand car washes before it comes off. looks like I'm buying the weathertechs. Do you guys know if they're any brands that add a style to the visors like the civics visors?

MovingAsLife

0-60 in 10 minutes!
So I found the kind of style that I really like and it's called Mugen Style Visors. The only problem is that they are all double sided tape and not like the weathertech :\ Don't want to go down that road again....

So I found the kind of style that I really like and it's called Mugen Style Visors. The only problem is that they are all double sided tape and not like the weathertech :\ Don't want to go down that road again....
Its all about preparation mainly. IF you really want to go down that road of taped visors I would recommend you get 3M exterior double sided tape(the real stuff not the fake shit). The 3M tape will most likely never come off...if anything it will take off some of the paint too lol This is the one I got for some projects around the exterior of my house. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JOVUO0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

MovingAsLife

0-60 in 10 minutes!
Its all about preparation mainly. IF you really want to go down that road of taped visors I would recommend you get 3M exterior double sided tape(the real stuff not the fake shit). The 3M tape will most likely never come off...if anything it will take off some of the paint too lol This is the one I got for some projects around the exterior of my house. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002JOVUO0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
thanks and yes it looks like I'll be going down tha road again but just got to find the right ones I want to put on my car. thanks

I'm going to order the WeatherTechs soon. I'm going to have them painted the same color as my car. Is there any advice I need to know before getting it done. I also ordered the factory front and read mudflaps that I'm also getting painted the same color.
Thanks!

I'm going to order the WeatherTechs soon. I'm going to have them painted the same color as my car. Is there any advice I need to know before getting it done. I also ordered the factory front and read mudflaps that I'm also getting painted the same color.
Thanks!
Well for one, why would you want to paint them?
Secondly, if you do decide to go that route, make sure you sand the plastic and use a paint that is used on plastics. Otherwise, if you try to install it them and you bend it a little the paint might crack.