Window Tint - What kind, what %?

Zaney

Hey all, just purchased my new to me 14 Corolla S Premium. So far loving the car's MPGs. (Coming from dailying my 08 f250 Powerstroke 100 miles a day) Not looking to go overboard with this car, just mainly driving from A-B. I've already did LED fog light bulbs. I also plan on removing the swirls in the paint once winter is over. Looks like the previous owner used a metal wire brush to scrub it...

Anywho, Tint. What percentage do you guys have. I'm going back and forth between 20 and 35%. Also, what is a good brand to go with. I've had my eye on Lexen on Amazon/Ebay and the reviews seem positive. Just want some reassurance before I pull the plug. I'm not one to pay someone for the work I can do.

Make sure you check your State Laws on window tint. i just took mine to the dealer and had them tint as dark as legal possible in Texas. That way its legal and guaranteed .

Zaney

Bah, I'm not worried about tint laws. Lol. I'm close friends with all the cops in my area. They don't say anything if you're not breaking something else. I have 5% on my truck, and i've had it for 3 years no issues.

sometimes you get lucky . Last summer I was in Austin texas with a rental and got pulled over and got a ticket for the tint being to dark. Rental co paid it but its on my record. Also we have State inspection and they wont pass real dark tint.

I ran 20% on all windows on mine. I don't recall the brand...Im sure some quality level of 3M as its popular in this area. It looks darker since the windows are relatively small. Im happy.

I've got 20 all around and 90 on front windshield with mother windows tint most expensive tint. I wish I had gone 15 all around and 80 front. I have a medical clearance to go below the legal limit

Bunta

Make sure you check your State Laws on window tint. i just took mine to the dealer and had them tint as dark as legal possible in Texas. That way its legal and guaranteed .
what tint percentage did they put and how much did it cost?

i also live in texas and want to get tint...considered those cheap tinting/ tire shops, but i'm really thinking it over on that one. lol

what tint percentage did they put and how much did it cost?

i also live in texas and want to get tint...considered those cheap tinting/ tire shops, but i'm really thinking it over on that one. lol
It was included in with the price of my new Corolla so I didnt pay att. to price. If you want a good job with good warranty on the tint take it to dealer and tell them to tint as dark as legally possible. Don't remember percentage. I deal with Lone Star Toyota here in Lewisville Texas and they are very good.

Bunta

It was included in with the price of my new Corolla so I didnt pay att. to price. If you want a good job with good warranty on the tint take it to dealer and tell them to tint as dark as legally possible. Don't remember percentage. I deal with Lone Star Toyota here in Lewisville Texas and they are very good.
thanks man. i'll give my local toyota dealership a call and see what i can get.

Hey all, just purchased my new to me 14 Corolla S Premium. So far loving the car's MPGs. (Coming from dailying my 08 f250 Powerstroke 100 miles a day) Not looking to go overboard with this car, just mainly driving from A-B. I've already did LED fog light bulbs. I also plan on removing the swirls in the paint once winter is over. Looks like the previous owner used a metal wire brush to scrub it...

Anywho, Tint. What percentage do you guys have. I'm going back and forth between 20 and 35%. Also, what is a good brand to go with. I've had my eye on Lexen on Amazon/Ebay and the reviews seem positive. Just want some reassurance before I pull the plug. I'm not one to pay someone for the work I can do.
I have 35% all around, and it's too light still. I plan on having it stripped and going with 20%. (windshield illegal here)
If I could get away with darker, I would do it!

If I could do it again I'd get 15 Al around and I think 80 on front. My factory glass has a greenish tint to it and I can still see green somehow

I have 25% on mine. Don't go to some cheap tint shop to get it down. Spend the money, and get it done from a dealer or reputable shop or any place that can guarantee the work. Otherwise you' could end up with a bubbled-out crap job.

think my 2014 corolla S and 2017 corolla XSE were 35% in the front and 30% in the rear..... cost about $280 for all windows plus a windshild strip 18009623_1659862680697468_666317253_n.jpg 1527058_769127556437656_415350094_n.jpg from a auto glass place...

I think it's been cover but I just wanted to add. If you have a cool ass eye doctor they can "prescribe" or recommend dark tints if you are sensitive to sunlight. They give you a legit letter signed and notarized stating you have bad reaction to sunlight. Now I don't have said letter but I'm running 5 on the rear windows and the little triangle windows. And 20s on front and none on the windshield. But I have a 8 inch matte black shop logo visor running along the top. Side note I am trying to put up pics but no matter what I do says my files too big so I can seem to show you all.

I think it's been cover but I just wanted to add. If you have a cool ass eye doctor they can "prescribe" or recommend dark tints if you are sensitive to sunlight. They give you a legit letter signed and notarized stating you have bad reaction to sunlight. Now I don't have said letter but I'm running 5 on the rear windows and the little triangle windows. And 20s on front and none on the windshield. But I have a 8 inch matte black shop logo visor running along the top. Side note I am trying to put up pics but no matter what I do says my files too big so I can seem to show you all.
If you have an iPhone, you can email yourself the picture. When you do, it should ask you what size. Then select the appropriate size and send. Save that picture from your email and then try and upload it.
If you have an Android, I got nothing!

I got 5% all around, it was kinda scary at first, but now I'm more comfortable. Living in California, it's illegal to have ANY tint in the front. Honestly, I think cops forget about tint laws.

I am planning on getting mine too. I am leasing it for 5 years :) my car is not a year old yet... I have to get mine at the dealer for 450 bucks. :( I can't take somewhere else cheaper. I will get mine in November when I get my winter tires change