Windshield Wiper Replacement

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Windshield Blades

As I already have a set from OEM factory, I looked around, trying to get the same identical replacement one's the actual arm alone, cost around $70.00. The Wipers around 16.00-35.00 per side. I found from our famous Import source China, the product selling for the pair 11.00 plus.

Refills cost around 3.00-10.00 per blade.

The company should be Denso, for the factory.

The original 2007 arms are no where as nice as the 2010 and up, but not worth investing for a covered arm 70.00 The blade wipers will give a somewhat better look than a cheap blade, on the car. thanks

FISH :thumbsup:

I change my wipers once 4 years ago. I have a new set on her now and will most likely have to change out every season Spring and Fall. Best to be safe, than sorry with ripped blades, Sun will dry, out the blades, as well winter tearing them apart.

Kev250R

This is my other car
I generally wait until after the first good rain to buy new blades. I figure that way everyone who needs them will run out and buy-up all the old stock which have been sitting on the shelf all summer long. Not sure if it makes a difference though :laughing:

FWIW I'm a fan of Bosch blades (must be the German in me) but just about anything will work. My Corolla is in-need of them right now too.

Kevin

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Got 2 srts in hand, with NO plastic wrapping, how they come from Toyota Lol. To keep them fresh, keep em out of the SUN.

Just a reminder, what I shown are the holding part, not refills.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Blades in, raining, on the car they went and they had wiper fills on them lol. Man the easiest swap ever. Will demo when w permits

I just put on a set of Bosch Icon wipers today. No rain in the forecast for several days, but I will report back once I have the chance to test them.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
I love the wiper kit and I got the official Toyota refills on them. just replaced them and as always you get a line never fails if asked.

We used to wash the new wiper blades with an alcohol swab before installing, it would get rid of the manufacturer residue/sitting in the parts store oxidation on the rubber. Hopefully the newer stuff doesn't have gunk on them or the formulation of the blade is better.

I usually go with rain-x wiper blades plus I also use that anti-rain liquid, or whatever it is called. You know, it creates a sort of film on the windshield and when you drive the drops are blown away, so you not necessarily need the wipers. Plus, the wipers slide easier, so I change them once per 2-3 years. Here is my experience with rainx.

So.... I forgot to put in an update last November after putting the Bosch blades on. So here it is in a nutshell.

The blades were exceptional for the first 6 months or so. After that, they began to leave thin streak lines (2 on the drivers side and one on the passengers side). I tried cleaning them a few times to try to alleviate the streak, but to no avail. They continue to leave the thin streaks to this day.

On the plus side, and a major plus, the blades have been silent and skid free all year... that's pretty amazing considering the range of temperature they've seen over 12 months and 26,000 miles.

Time for a replacement before the winter nastiness comes in. Might try the RainX blades this time.