Would like some forum input

Taking a poll on rim choices.

• A.

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • B

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you go with let's say 35/R18 or 25/R18, 40/R18 or whatever you plan to put on those 18s, isn't the wheel diameter going to increase drastically to the point where the car will be even slower off the line? I was thinking about using a taller, beefier tire to get rid of the wheel gap but I would basically end up with the same problem. I've done it in the past on a different vehicle and although I was so mesmerized by the wheels, it didn't make a whole lot of difference even if it accelerated slower until I switched to stock wheels, oh gosh car gained like 50 HP. This was a manual transmission too, so to do this to a CVT, hmmmmm. Not sure if I want to make it any slower.

If you go with let's say 35/R18 or 25/R18, 40/R18 or whatever you plan to put on those 18s, isn't the wheel diameter going to increase drastically to the point where the car will be even slower off the line? I was thinking about using a taller, beefier tire to get rid of the wheel gap but I would basically end up with the same problem. I've done it in the past on a different vehicle and although I was so mesmerized by the wheels, it didn't make a whole lot of difference even if it accelerated slower until I switched to stock wheels, oh gosh car gained like 50 HP. This was a manual transmission too, so to do this to a CVT, hmmmmm. Not sure if I want to make it any slower.
The idea is to go plus 2, minus 2.
So if I go from 16" to 18", that's plus 2.
Then from 55 to 45 would be minus 2. That would make the overall size basically the same as the stock setup.
Now I have more metal and less rubber. The width will give me extra grip and better handling. I'll either go 225 or 245 depending on the price. But I'm leaning towards 225.
So, 225/45/R18x8 (45mm offset).

You're only seeing a side view, there's more to it from different angles. I think the rim should have some offset and not be completely flush with the tire, whichever one is like that would get my vote.

This reminds me the type of wheels they put on S, SE and XSE models which are flush and they look like $hit. You need some deep dish or at least inch offset to mitigate that flush rim/tire look.

You're only seeing a side view, there's more to it from different angles. I think the rim should have some offset and not be completely flush with the tire, whichever one is like that would get my vote.

This reminds me the type of wheels they put on S, SE and XSE models which are flush and they look like $hit. You need some deep dish or at least inch offset to mitigate that flush rim/tire look.
I would definitely like to see some in person before I buy!

I am looking for wheels I like in that similar style to the enkei. What I have found are:
TSW Nurburgring, Avant Garde M310(590), XXR 530, VMR V710, (703, 718, 810), HRE FF01(my dream, wheels), BBS CH-R, Enkei Rajin, Neuspeed RSe12/14,

I really want the M310's, they check all of my boxes for these wheels, I am picky as hell, but I just bought new tires and they only have 18"+. Everyone says get the TSW but I don't like the flat look of them as much as the thinner sculpted design. May just do the XXR but the only thing I dont like about those is the U shape is a little too tall and skinny. IDFK

So everyone is voting for the Raijin (A) rims. Those won't give any depth to the wheels. They are more flat with the center moving with offset changes.
The Kojin (B) will look deeper as the offset moves closer to center.
I want something with depth.
What else can anyone recommend?

Found this video:
Turns out they are just up the street and have a dyno!
I'm going there tomorrow to ask about the Raijin wheels and how to have them not look flat. I'm thinking 18x9 35mm will give them depth. But will they rub?