17s or 18s

I'm going pull the trigger on some wheels in a couple weeks. And wanted to lower on Megan springs 2in drop or tein street coils.

The 17s are 17x7.5 45offset
The 18s are 18x8 35offset

Both are the konig runlites.
Reason for the thread is was wondering if the 17x7.5 45offset be tucked in much or should be fine? Also the 18s will that a better option over the 17s?

-BOGEY-

Only thing to consider is the 18 will add weight over 17 and at the wheel it's reciprocating mass...which is heavier. They will effect acceleration and breaking if you care about that .. food for thought.

Thanks! Reason for me to mod is for aesthetics but not slamming/stance which I do appreciate/admire that... However, this is my DD and roads on are not the best here in South Tx.
Id like to fill the wheel well some the stock wheel gap is ridiculous.

-BOGEY-

Stock wheel gap IS rediculous...lol...like the Corolla is an SUV or something. Lol. Lowering alone worked well enough for me, so I kept the stock 17 for reasons I listed. Good luck!

I'm going pull the trigger on some wheels in a couple weeks. And wanted to lower on Megan springs 2in drop or tein street coils.

The 17s are 17x7.5 45offset
The 18s are 18x8 35offset

Both are the konig runlites.
Reason for the thread is was wondering if the 17x7.5 45offset be tucked in much or should be fine? Also the 18s will that a better option over the 17s?
The 17's will sit pretty much where your stock wheels are now.
The 18's will bring them out, flush with the body.
Based on your listed offsets.

Stock wheels are 15x6 33mm offset or 16x6.5 39mm offset or 17x7 39mm offset.

Thanks Chris looks good. Seems like 18s is what I will go with. Now a drop when it comes to springs I'm between Megan 2in. or eibach/trd 1.5in? Or tein coils?
On springs how long can I go with the oem shocks before replacing.

Thanks Chris looks good. Seems like 18s is what I will go with. Now a drop when it comes to springs I'm between Megan 2in. or eibach/trd 1.5in? Or tein coils?
On springs how long can I go with the oem shocks before replacing.

Personally I would stick with the Eibach or TRD. But ask the forum. Lots of members have Tein and Megan.
I went with TRD's because of warranty concerns, engineering and they're approved by Toyota. (I read somewhere that they're made by Eibach anyways, but don't know for sure) I don't want to go any lower, already looks like I want it to, and I'm worried that if it was lower, the tires might rub the fender flares. Just my concerns.
18's won't effect your speedo enough for the local authorities to notice, depending on your tire profile. It that is a concern to you. I think mine is only off by >1mph.
Try this site, might help you with fit
http://www.willtheyfit.com

-BOGEY-

However you lower it, by whatever means, make sure you get a good ALIGNMENT done afterwards. You may also want to consider a camber adjustment bolt set. I put this on mine to dial in the adjustment exactly. They are not expensive and will save you tire wear after lowering

Adjustable camber bolts? They can be found anywhere rims/tires are sold. Maybe even carID or Auto anything. Summit. My mechanic had them in stock.

View attachment 2473
I'm on 18x8's 35mm offset. This combination will bring the wheels flush with the body. I'm also on TRD lowering springs, so this pic should give you an idea of what your car could look like.
What tire size are you running with those?

In addition, I have Tein lowering springs. Dropped it down a bunch in my opinion and they ride pretty smooth besides bumps and things like that, but that's any type of aftermarket spring as well.

What tire size are you running with those?

In addition, I have Tein lowering springs. Dropped it down a bunch in my opinion and they ride pretty smooth besides bumps and things like that, but that's any type of aftermarket spring as well.
Currently 225/45/18.
Would like to go up to 245's

Having some last thoughts on wheels DRAG Dr 34 or KONIG runlites I like them both having trouble deciding on which it's all personal preference but I like them both haha.

So we don't adjustable camber in stock form? I'm looking into these as well.
I'm not sure about the fronts but for the rears there is no adjustment at all for both camber and toe. If for some reason your rear alignment is off (it shouldn't change no matter how high or low you make it) Then the place you took it to for an alignment will recommend using plastic shims to correct it and it's a pricy job to do as they have to take apart the drum brake (unless you have disc brakes) to insert the shim.

The reason your rear alignment shouldn't change when you lower the car is because the rear axle only goes up and down and there are no other parts associated with the rear suspension that'll cause the wheel to move in any other direction that would need to be corrected when lowering the rear.

So we don't adjustable camber in stock form? I'm looking into these as well.
In stock form it can be adjusted only in small degrees + or -. When lowered, to get the best alignment you may have to go beyond what stock form allows. This is where the adjustable bolt kit comes in. Some quick research can explain them better then I.

I haven't had the alignment checked since it's been lowered and wheel change. Guess it might be time.
Drives the same as it always has, just handles better.

As for tires? Was going go with 225 40 18 from discount tire. They have these was wondering has anyone used them?
Road Hugger GT Ultra

Those are nice I plan on getting the wheels and tires from discount tire. I saw the road hugger are made by nitto.
They are rated for 50k all season. I like the price on them.
The other choice are Falken pro g4 a/s.
Wonder if the road huggers will do or get the Falken?

I like the sidewall on the Falken's.
Tough choice. I've at least heard of Falken's though. I'm sure they're both good tires in any case.
You can always post a new thread with pictures and start a forum poll.