2006 Corolla - Transmission Fluid

Greetings, just registered. Seems like a very nice forum. I have a question about automatic transmission fluid change. Toyota sets no interval in the scheduled maintenance, I have an '06 LE and is this true or am I missing something? Every time I have my oil changed they try to talk me in to a flush, which I always refuse. But what about a simple drain-and-fill? My fluid is a nice red/pink, leaks/consumes none whatsoever, never had to add a drop in the 40,000k+ miles I have had it, bought in 2011. Shifts fine, no problems. Thanks

Greetings, just registered. Seems like a very nice forum. I have a question about automatic transmission fluid change. Toyota sets no interval in the scheduled maintenance, I have an '06 LE and is this true or am I missing something? Every time I have my oil changed they try to talk me in to a flush, which I always refuse. But what about a simple drain-and-fill? My fluid is a nice red/pink, leaks/consumes none whatsoever, never had to add a drop in the 40,000k+ miles I have had it, bought in 2011. Shifts fine, no problems. Thanks
You drove 40k and it's still red? I believe you're in luck. Drain and refill is fine. I am actually draining and refilling 3 times on my corolla and accord just because the fluid was black. Once you do the 3 drain 3 fills, you need to just drain and refill once every 30k miles. Since yours is red, I think you'll be fine to drain and refill once. From then on, just check the level and color. Do the same after 30k miles. I used Valvoline Maxlife ATF for my wife's corolla.