2010 Corolla S A/C Compressor Problem

My 2010 Corolla's A/C Compressor is not cyclingon and off. Has this happened to anyone before? I want to figure out whats wrong and see how much it will cost to get it repaired. Or if I can repair it myself then thats what I would like to do also.

Last edited:
Test the A/C Compressor Clutch relay, then go from there. Test it before replacing it or things are going to get expensive.

If the relay tests good, unplug the electrical going to the clutch, and hook up a multimeter (making sure the belt or fan won't suck up wires), turn on the car, turn the A/C on, and then verify if there is a voltage cycle or not.

If there is a voltage cycle, then the clutch is malfunctioning. If there is no voltage and the relay tested good, you'll have to check for voltage at the junction box and go from there.

You can't have cycling voltage without ground. Not possible.

He said he has cycling voltage so I'm thinking the clutch crapped itself. Pretty early for that to happen but it does.

Ah, but you can have high resistance in your ground. In which case the voltage would cycle but when the voltage was applied you would still read a partial voltage on the ground side of the circuit. :thumbsup:

You are correct (Nothing new there) in saying that his clutch is most likely toast.