2012 Toyota Corolla LE whining sound engine area

Hello,

I have a 2012 Toyota Corolla LE (automatic transmission) with 90000 miles on it.

For a long time now I have dealt with a whining sound in my 2012 Toyota Corolla. The symptoms are that the sound only happens when the accelerator pedal is slightly engaged. This happens at any speed. At the slightest push of the pedal a whining/spinning sound happens and if you maintain pedal engagement the sound of whining/spinning continues. The sound goes away instantly when the pedal is depressed and will again comes back when engaged subsequent times.

I have been researching on the internet and I seem to be pointed in the direction of the transmission fluid to change from the Toyota Genuine ATF WS currently being used in the 2012 Toyota Corolla as the stock transmission fluid to Redline D4 as others have experienced a similar noise problem in 2010 corolla models and have made the noise go away by using the Redline D4 because of viscosity differences. I am not sure however if the same transmission model (U341E) is being used in all Corolla models. (2010,2011,2012)

I am interested to see if other experience this whining/spinning sound in their Corollas, and if anyone has a solution or different theory for the sound. Thanks.

Msf

I am having the same problem...didnt take it to the dealer yet...any luck with knowing the reason for your car whinning?

Jags73

I heard the same whine in a 6 speed manual car with a tow bar, I was test driving a 09 Corolla from a car yard with about 40,000 miles on the clock.
Didn't matter weather I was in 5th or 6th, I could play a tune with the acc peddle as MCrolla stated.
I put it down to wear in the final drive gears, handed it back to the dealer & bought a 6 speed Corolla with no noises :cool: