2014 Corolla - Speedometer

Hi all,

I bought a 2014 corolla two months ago, but I just realized today that in the speedometer 30 and 50 are red in colour.

Could anyone who knows please tell me if there is a reason for that? I couldn't see any information relating to that in the user manual.

I attache an image below:

Are 30 and 50 km/h speeds used often in your country? For a long time in the U.S, the tick for 55 mph was a different color in some speedometers back when the speed limit was 55 for the freeways. Auto makers did it at the time to make seeing the typical speed limits easier.

Hi all,

I bought a 2014 corolla two months ago, but I just realized today that in the speedometer 30 and 50 are red in colour.

Could anyone who knows please tell me if there is a reason for that? I couldn't see any information relating to that in the user manual.

I attache an image below:
This answer is in no way official, but in the US, 35mph, 45mph, and 55mph, are common speed limits. The red might just be a reminder to people (kind of like how cars of the 80's had the 55 highlighted on the speedo).

Separate question - what the f*ck are you doing taking a picture while driving at 60??

NEVERMIND - just noticed that you're in a non-US market. My answer still stands - maybe it's to remind you of what speeds to stay close to.

not sure what country it is as here in Canada because of the two official languages symbols are use (if I'm not mistaken). as for the red marks, well 50km/h is the normal speed for city driving and 30km/h is the limit in school zones in Canada

not sure what country it is as here in Canada because of the two official languages symbols are use (if I'm not mistaken). as for the red marks, well 50km/h is the normal speed for city driving and 30km/h is the limit in school zones in Canada
'R' could be for refuel...