2014 S Premium Accelerating/ Braking- Stoping Whistle Noise while driving.

Caro

Hello Everyone I have a 2014 Toyota Corolla S Premium, it has 7,400 miles it is 9 months old (since I bought it) and I have just started hearing almost a week now a whisle sound while driving my car it only happens when I press on the gas pedal (accelerate) and when I brake and stop. The whisle sound goes away when I stop pressing on the gas and when I have come to a complete stop but I hear it while I am stopping and accelerating. I can only hear the noise if I have my radio completely off and the windows are rolled down, if I have my windows up or my radio on I can no longer hear it. I am wondering if this is normal? Isn't my car still relatively new to have parts needed to be changed already? I appreciate any help, comments or advice. Thank you.

It's the CVT transmission, my 2015 does the same thing, the sound that you hear has been described as a flying saucer like sound.

Caro

It's the CVT transmission, my 2015 does the same thing, the sound that you hear has been described as a flying saucer like sound.
Thank you for the comment! So this is absolutely normal? This is the first time i pay attention to my car so i might just have never noticed it.

le+14

I have a 2014 LE Plus and have never noticed this. I usually listen for unusual noises and may have never noticed this. Main thing I have noticed is how quiet the engine is when stopped for a red light and idling. When I first got the car I had to keep glancing at the tachometer to be sure the engine was running. Purchased May 2014. Present mileage 13,000. Trips from Texas to California last year ; Florida this year.

HanSolo

A lot of that is courtesy of old fashioned port fuel injection. Just pull up next to a Honda or GM with the DI 4 pot and listen to them clack away.

koby

the whistle is from the mirror, I got some weird looks when I was folding it up on the highway figuring out if that was the noise. As far as why thats just how aerodynamics work sometimes, just wish I knew the way to solve it.

I do believe my noise is the type of transmission my corolla has. One morning I was coming out of my house about to go inside my corolla when a new altima nissan drove by and i heard exactly the same whistle noise from it. I completely stopped worrying about the noise then.

Yeah I was hearing that whistle/speak today from the driver's side. LOL I never thought it would be the mirror or the flying saucer as you guys described it. I always thought it was the heat shield for my K/N Cold Air Intake but when I let off the gas the sound goes away as stated above. Then when you press the gas again and let off the nosie comes back. It's really werid........????

The squeak could be a lot of things. If you need to roll down your windows and have the stereo completely off to hear it, then chances are it is a normal sound (probably the sound the bearing makes when it isn't loaded by oil pressure on the pulley).

I noticed on the 6MT that first gear is a little noisy (I hear it when decelerating and shifting back into first) but it is most likely because the clash pattern is slightly off, but it won't hurt anything.

Hello Everyone I have a 2014 Toyota Corolla S Premium, it has 7,400 miles it is 9 months old (since I bought it) and I have just started hearing almost a week now a whisle sound while driving my car it only happens when I press on the gas pedal (accelerate) and when I brake and stop. The whisle sound goes away when I stop pressing on the gas and when I have come to a complete stop but I hear it while I am stopping and accelerating. I can only hear the noise if I have my radio completely off and the windows are rolled down, if I have my windows up or my radio on I can no longer hear it. I am wondering if this is normal? Isn't my car still relatively new to have parts needed to be changed already? I appreciate any help, comments or advice. Thank you.

The whistle noise is the air intake, if you pop your hood you will notice your air box and tubing connected to it that leads to under the front bumper, this is for colder air and better performance.

The whistle noise is the air intake, if you pop your hood you will notice your air box and tubing connected to it that leads to under the front bumper, this is for colder air and better performance.
That's not air intake hoses. Those are radiator hoses. The cold air gets pushed up from the air dam underneath the car and the stock intake is just a box in the engine bay.

I've confirmed the whistle noise is the CVT as I hear it in a quiet parking garage when coasting lightly. Seems like normal operation to me. I would worry about it. Sounds kind of unique, actually. Much better than the crickets I had from my high pressure fuel pump in my Scion FR-S.

Yeah I was hearing that whistle/speak today from the driver's side. LOL I never thought it would be the mirror or the flying saucer as you guys described it. I always thought it was the heat shield for my K/N Cold Air Intake but when I let off the gas the sound goes away as stated above. Then when you press the gas again and let off the nosie comes back. It's really werid........????
I recently heard the same thing. Mine is 2015 LE plus.