2015 Corolla S - LED Scuff Plates from Japan

GPVG06

hey guys, just bought and received the new scuff plates I ordered from Toyota Asia. They have blue LED lighting when opening the doors on all 4 doors illuminating the lower interior of the car in blue, and when you turn on the interior lighting it also has a white LED light on the front doors to give more light. The look amazing, now just need to install them in a dealer since apparently Toyota told me they are not that easy to install. They don't even come with instructions, apparently the dealer can only get them online from their system. Anyone has installed them yet by any chance? Here are some pictures Toyota took before sending them so I would see they say Corolla rather than altis which is the name for the Corolla in Asia and Europe, but will post some as soon as I can manage to install them in the car.

Please provide a source, part number, and price. The units appear to wrap over the lower door openings and I am particularly interested. Thank you.

GPVG06

The unit actually replaces the plastic on the lower part of all 4 doors. I ordered them through my Toyota dealer in Italy, but I know for sure they are available on eBay from someone who is in Taiwan, which is where I took the pictures from to show the lighting. I will look up the part number and post it here for you. Price? Well I paid 145.00 euros for them.

You are on same ship as me. I also ordered the same pack from Toyota Taiwan but my local Toyota dealer refused to install saying that it will void my car warranty. I tried to look on google for DIY but not success. Only problem I have to do proper wiring which is the main part.

GPVG06

I got the actual instruction manual if you need it! My dealer was fine for me to order and I had a chat with the dealer in Florida and they are happy to install it!

The company which is listed on Ebay contacted to inform that the scuff plate kit PN111449364985 will not fit a US spec. Corolla. Has an install of said kit been accomplished on a US spec. Corolla?

There are two models! Make sure you ask on the actual model that states
It is designed to the U.S. spec
Car!
The reply from the company was that P/N 111449364985 would not fit a US spec Corolla. The listing now states that the kit (from mittaaccessories1) will not fit US spec Corollas or right-hand drive Corollas. This appears to be the same P/N you received. Have you attempted to install the plates? Thanks for the assist.

Last edited:
Ohh. Not yet. Due to the fact that I'm in Europe. I will write them and see again. But from their information there was one kit that did and one kit that didn't. Although I just checked and their description has changed now. I will double check now with the Toyota dealer. From our understanding the cars are identical, only minor changes on the looks. Might be with connections. But that can be solved. Anyways, I'll check and come back to you guys.

Last edited:

Jlinn

hey guys, just bought and received the new scuff plates I ordered from Toyota Asia. They have blue LED lighting when opening the doors on all 4 doors illuminating the lower interior of the car in blue, and when you turn on the interior lighting it also has a white LED light on the front doors to give more light. The look amazing, now just need to install them in a dealer since apparently Toyota told me they are not that easy to install. They don't even come with instructions, apparently the dealer can only get them online from their system. Anyone has installed them yet by any chance? Here are some pictures Toyota took before sending them so I would see they say Corolla rather than altis which is the name for the Corolla in Asia and Europe, but will post some as soon as I can manage to install them in the car.

what site did you get those from???

Well guys, I'm in the process of returning the scuff plates, apparently they don't fit our US model. It was a new part and no one had tested them on the American made Corolla, so sorry if I got any person interested in these. Anyways. Will have to be the US part from Toyota with LED only.

Well guys, I'm in the process of returning the scuff plates, apparently they don't fit our US model. It was a new part and no one had tested them on the American made Corolla, so sorry if I got any person interested in these. Anyways. Will have to be the US part from Toyota with LED only.
It happens, but those would have been nice if they fit lol

Oh definitely, I was looking forward to having them installed, but oh well, can't have everything. It happens when you are trying new things never tested before.

One thing that I got that does fit is the European S emblem which is nicer than the one in the USA, and the brush aluminium front door handles.

Last edited:
lol not that one lol the one from tubokits.com it's around 3.2k but he can get a refund (i hope)
Oh of course he can get a refund..probably. If he has a manual tranny he would need to upgrade his clutch to a spec 2 or spec 3. If he has an automatic he can get away with low boost setting until he gets the automatic rebuilt with more heavy duty parts. If he has a CVT(like myself), then the area is unknown. This CVT does have a steel band as opposed to a rubber band than many other CVTs use. There is no information on the tolerance range of the CVT in regards to how well it can handle all that HP and torque. The CVT itself is $4,500 brand new, not counting the CVT fluids or installation labor charges.

Jlinn

well the new one would be 7.3k or atleast that's what the site says, the only thing is i need a transmission and I will have to see about getting it custom fitted into the car.

What part number for the LED scuff plates US model? thanks