2015 Corolla S rear brake conversion

Hello

One of my first projects will be converting my rear drum brakes to disc brakes. I can't have real wheels until I get rid of the ol' drums in the back.

Has anybody thought about, tried, or completed this conversion? Does anybody know the specifics about which years/models have rear disc brakes? Also, would the rear disc and rear drums have similar mounting points/dimensions?

Thanks for any input in advance; I promise to supply many good pictures of the process in trade for some diagrams or direction on this project.

Cheers

I thought about doing this also but then I read somewhere that the proportioning valves could be different and I might have to change the booster too. Seemed like a lot of work for a car that’s still under warranty.
I actually like the drum brakes, makes my wheels look bigger and gives me more room for cleaning.
This doesn’t mean that I don’t wish it had rear disks though!

There is a conversion kit out there somewhere. I watched a YouTube video where they did a conversion on a Yaris. Sorry no link.

I thought about doing this also but then I read somewhere that the proportioning valves could be different and I might have to change the booster too. Seemed like a lot of work
Honestly there's not a lot of good information about this process on the 11th generation. But, as stated by Mr. SuperchargedMR2, the 10th and 11th generations' brakes and suspension are the same, so, I checked out a 10th gen forum and found a grip of very good technical information. I have about two more years to pay her off, and it'll probably take that long to afford the wheels I want, but by that time I plan on having acquired a rear axle assembly from a Corolla with disc brakes, so I can swap it out when I get my new wheels.

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
Actually, I would think using the 11th gen rear disc brakes would be easier. I'm pretty sure the rear axles are the same between the drum and disc setups so you'd just have to swap the brakes themselves only. But using the 10th gen swap thread as a guideline will help.

I thought about doing this also but then I read somewhere that the proportioning valves could be different and I might have to change the booster too. Seemed like a lot of work for a car that’s still under warranty.
I actually like the drum brakes, makes my wheels look bigger and gives me more room for cleaning.
This doesn’t mean that I don’t wish it had rear disks though!

There is a conversion kit out there somewhere. I watched a YouTube video where they did a conversion on a Yaris. Sorry no link.
You don't need to mess with the proportioning valve or booster. Just swap the drums for discs and you will be set.

Actually, I would think using the 11th gen rear disc brakes would be easier. I'm pretty sure the rear axles are the same between the drum and disc setups so you'd just have to swap the brakes themselves only. But using the 10th gen swap thread as a guideline will help.
Exactly, for the 11th gen just use the disc brake parts from another 11th gen. There are a lot more 11th Gen Corollas with disc brakes so it should be much easier to find one in a salvage yard.