2017 Toyota Corolla

Change the rims, put stickers, pretty much it lol
I'm leasing a 2017 too, I added a trd exhaust (bought it used from somebody who had a 2016), changed the rims, added stickers and plastic dip my logos. I forgot, I also overlay my taillights red. Once my lease is over, I can put everything back to stock.

I never understood why would anyone spend money on a car they're leasing. Not only you're doing the work twice cause you'll need to take it off later. I don't see what the point is. also, why are you leasing a corolla? You buy cheap cars cause they don't depreciate much especially japanese, you lease expensive unreliable cars like bmw and mercedes.

I never understood why would anyone spend money on a car they're leasing. Not only you're doing the work twice cause you'll need to take it off later. I don't see what the point is. also, why are you leasing a corolla? You buy cheap cars cause they don't depreciate much especially japanese, you lease expensive unreliable cars like bmw and mercedes.
Lol

I almost leased mine. Was a few bucks less per month.
The wife talked me out of it, thankfully!
Good thing too, I would hate to have to reverse everything that I have done to it.
Needless to say, I will not be trading this car in... like ever!
At the very least, I'll pass it on to one of my kids.

However, leases aren't all that bad. I just wouldn't. That's 3 years of my money gone! For 2 more years, it's all mine!!

If he could drive without going over the limits of the mileage in the contract, leasing is not a bad deal. Unfortunately for most of us, we always drive above it, and the overage is what makes it more expensive than purchasing. Get out off the lease contract ASAP!

The reasons why I lease it is because you know that they make better features, new styles, new performances, etc.... you know that this year corolla have safety sense p compare to the 2014-16. I don't like to trade car because it's not worth that much to trade in.

I don't drive that much. I drive from A to B. I work 5 mins away from home. And.... I know some people told me that they leased a Mazda 3 and they got rusted fast. When they return the car. They didn't have to pay for the rust part.

The reasons why I lease it is because you know that they make better features, new styles, new performances, etc.... you know that this year corolla have safety sense p compare to the 2014-16. I don't like to trade car because it's not worth that much to trade in.

I don't drive that much. I drive from A to B. I work 5 mins away from home. And.... I know some people told me that they leased a Mazda 3 and they got rusted fast. When they return the car. They didn't have to pay for the rust part.
Mazda had rust issues, they mitigated those with galvadizing everything now one would hope. Yes you don't have to worry about out of pocket break/fix but what do you expect to break especially on a corolla? Nothing breaks on a corolla and if it does it'll be cheapest to pay out of any vehicle. Corolla has the lowest 5 year cost of ownership out of all cars out there. That means you don't have to do jack 5shit to it except oil and other small things. Like I said, buys buy japanese inexpensive cars since they hold their value very well, Lease 80k benz or beemer which will depreciate 50% after a year or two. Check out prices of 2014 or 15 Benz S class. A car that was over 100K brand new. You can pick it up for 20 with decent mileage. On average, after 5 years your corolla will be worth more than any bmw, mercedes, audi with similar mileage. By leasing a corolla you're only wasting an awesome opportunity to pay it off in a jiffy and drive it for 300k miles problem free.

I lease for 3 years so I get a new car with latest tech every 3 years, always under warranty ,never have to by tires or pay for service ( 2 years free),

I have nothing against leases, actually my corolla is at lease. My friend that works at DSRLeasing always get himself decent deals and is just upgrading every two years, but to do that you need some spare cash so the whole upgrading is even worth it.

I lease for 3 years so I get a new car with latest tech every 3 years, always under warranty ,never have to by tires or pay for service ( 2 years free),
Yeah but you have a lifetime car payment. If I can pay a car off in 4 yrs and drive it for 10 then you do the math how much that can save me. I can invest that money or take 5 extra vacations. 11th gen came equipped so nicely even the standard models that even 2017 with pedestrian detection and lane departure is not worth changing. 2014-2016 have crap load of airbags, high strength steel and 5 star crash rating, plus all the base features like camera and push to start you pay 10grand more for Audi or MB.

If the difference was between one year having seatbelts or airbags or not it's a no brainer - upgrade. I think one we reach the point of autonomous driving or a safety feature really worth upgrading there is no point. Plus tires and regular maintenance on corolla is so damn cheap, when compared to what you spend on monthly payments to what you spend on maintenance it's not even worth comparing, it's like 10:1 cause corollas are so damn cheap to own.

Yeah but you have a lifetime car payment. If I can pay a car off in 4 yrs and drive it for 10 then you do the math how much that can save me. I can invest that money or take 5 extra vacations. 11th gen came equipped so nicely even the standard models that even 2017 with pedestrian detection and lane departure is not worth changing. 2014-2016 have crap load of airbags, high strength steel and 5 star crash rating, plus all the base features like camera and push to start you pay 10grand more for Audi or MB.

If the difference was between one year having seatbelts or airbags or not it's a no brainer - upgrade. I think one we reach the point of autonomous driving or a safety feature really worth upgrading there is no point. Plus tires and regular maintenance on corolla is so damn cheap, when compared to what you spend on monthly payments to what you spend on maintenance it's not even worth comparing, it's like 10:1 cause corollas are so damn cheap to own.
I like leasing because it makes the payment much cheaper for me. Plus no maitinence cost. Since I am 75 I live on a limited budget but like to drive new cars every copuple of years.You sound very defensive about not leasing so sorry about my comment. you probably won't like the fact that I voted for Trump , have a permit to carry a gun , and spent 1964 to 1970 in the army ether.

...you need some spare cash so the whole upgrading is even worth it.
That's the key. You may be paying less on your monthly payment, but you would have to spend a whole lot of money to end a lease. There's no free lunch. If it was that simple and cheap, majority of us would be leasing.

I do understand his situation thought, if you're 75 you don't wan't to worry about car trouble so leasing makes sense from that perspective. I will have to stand my ground again, it would make more sense on a German unreliable vehicle but not on a Corolla. They literally don't break, and any maintenance is dirt cheap. Everything on the car is very straight forward and cheap to maintain. I remember when my 4Runner had a small 4wheel drive issue where it got stuck in 4high mode and it was some solenoid part that went bad due to me driving in 2ft of water (at least I blame it on that since it happened right after that). It was 400 bucks just to get that replaced.

Corollas have a bulletproof engine, cvt is dull but has less moving parts than previous 4 speed auto, break job is a joke, so easy and cheap to do yourself or even pay someone. Filters are easy to clean/replace even cabin filter is easier to change than my other car 2011 Camry. Glove box comes right out and there is a latch to open filter compartment. The best thing was taking off the glove box hinge which on the Camry required some muscle, on Corolla it comes right off, I was pleasantly surprised. Tires are cheap cause they're small, whether you've got 16s or 17s they're still cheap compared to may dad's 19s on Highlander or my 31 inch diameter tires on 2000 4Runner. Wheels are so light, compared to my old truck it's ridiculous - feel like a feather. 4Runner wheel must have weighted 50lb each or more I kid you not, they were huge even thought they were16 inch magnesium rim I believe but a lot of aggressive tire.

I haven't done much to the corolla yet but from taking wheels off and doing my own oil changes, I can tell this car is very easy to live with and I don't expect a lot of problems with it either. I'm almost done paying off my 2015 so I can enjoy a car that sips on gas, doesn't break down and no car payment for 20 years to come if I wanted to. As a matter of fact I'm probably going to give it to my daughter when she turns 16 or so if I still have it. The best part is it was cheap to purchase compared to other cars these days. I think 100-200 bucks a month in extra payment depending on your down payment and options when you end up with a paid off car and decades of trouble free driving, doesn't get any better than that if that's what you're looking for from a vehicle.

That's the key. You may be paying less on your monthly payment, but you would have to spend a whole lot of money to end a lease. There's no free lunch. If it was that simple and cheap, majority of us would be leasing.
You don't have to spend a lot of money to end a lease if your leasing again. A month before the lease ends they start bugging me to turn this one in and lease another. if I do that I don't pay end of lease fee.

You don't have to spend a lot of money to end a lease if your leasing again. A month before the lease ends they start bugging me to turn this one in and lease another. if I do that I don't pay end of lease fee.
As I mentioned, if he could drive without going over the limits of the mileage in the contract, leasing is not a bad deal.

Lease VS Purchase decision is based on how often you change cars. I will only lease and get a new car , with full warranty, and basic service included every 3 years. If you plan on keeping the car for 10 years, by all means purchase the potential old junk.

Lease VS Purchase decision is based on how often you change cars. I will only lease and get a new car , with full warranty, and basic service included every 3 years. If you plan on keeping the car for 10 years, by all means purchase the potential old junk.
Wow, so bitter. To each his own. LOL!