4A-F Motor Replacement Direct Swap?

looking to do a motor swap on my newly aquired '88 corolla 4dr automatic...
It has (i believe) an 4A-F engine (carbureted) that is blown...
I figured i should be able to find a short block or even a complete rebuilt
motor, for a reasonable price, that i can just "drop in". without having to do any
mods to the existing vehicle.
For example, I have found a toyota corolla 5A-FE motor, available for $350.
I don't know, yet, if it was attached to an auto, or manual transmission,
I would like to know if it will bolt up directly to my automatic
transmission, and if the motor mounts are likewise the same? or ??
or am I stuck with having to do a direct (4A-F) motor for motor only swap?
If you know what i mean..
makes sense? no? yes?
Any thoughts, suggestions, or info would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
ron

Ok, another generalized topic of auto mechanics is replacing loose motor mounts. Now, there are generally only two reasons to replace a motor mount. 1) You are putting in a different engine that needs different motor mounts, or 2) You have cracked the old ones or they no longer snug up to the frame of the car or the engine block.

[FONT=&quot]How to build homemade generator[/FONT]

Engine swap

Hello , the swap its easy and you dont need different mount only that if you are going from a 4A-F to any engine code that end with " FE" your going from a carburated engine to a fuel injection engine , the "E" stands for ELECTRONIC . So my friend i would stick to a 4A-F engine unless your going , "EFI' then I would personally choose the 4A-GE twin cam engine it also will bolt onto any tranny that came in the 4A-F,4A-FE,4A-GE... Hope this can help...

Better check smog requirements with the change. With newer vehicles the OBD-II engine control module may need to be reprogrammed. That may require a VIIN number to reprogram that matches the ECM.

Better check smog requirements with the change. With newer vehicles the OBD-II engine control module may need to be reprogrammed. That may require a VIIN number to reprogram that matches the ECM.
I concur. Federal E.P.A. laws usually prohibit engine swaps to another engine size or type and in states that have annual inspections with emissions testing, you might have a problem getting the vehicle to pass inspection.

A good used engine of the proper, original equipment size and type might be the best way around the problem. Below is a website where you can find many good used engines -

http://www.Car-Part.com