A closer look at the International Corolla model

X-Auto

Hi Guys,

Since I have been a great fan of the Corolla when I was a child and Hachi-Roku(85-86) model corolla was a sensation at the time, I thought I should write about the latest model too, because it looks great and promises much, but this is not the U.S version, but surely looks better than the U.S model ! you can read the detailed article here: http://www.xautoworld.com/toyota/2017-toyota-corolla-first-impressions/

thanks and let me know your thoughts.

It is interesting to see what a vehicle is/has in other markets. I like to see/know the difference (that is why the rear of my Corolla has Corolla Altis on it and 1.8 S and VVTI on the fenders). In some markets the rear seats recline, and there are other options on them as well. All those things drive the price of the vehicle up. Typically in the US the small car is seen as simply an A to B car, not worth spending lots of money on them. That mentality is slowly starting to change, that is why smaller cars are being packed with more and more features. The midsize market is where it is at (Camry, Accord, Malibu, Legacy etc etc) in the US. As for Canada the small car segment is where it is at (Corolla, Civic, Elantra, etc etc). These are why in Canada some features are available on the Corolla that are not in the US version (example, my 2013 having push to start). Even those differences are becoming less and less. In many markets around the world people are willing to pay higher prices, even on smaller vehicles, to have reclining seats and other options that would not be considered in NA. To add to that, in most cases, in NA we like to drive ourselves, in some markets people would rather be driven than drive and that is why a reclining back seat is desired. Of course there is always the exception but for me personally a reclining back seat is a useless feature as I would never use it, I much rather be behind the wheel of the car.

Last edited: