A Toyota Corolla and 3 kids- crazy talk?

Alright- so I've got a 2015 Toyota corolla. Low mileage and cheap so I don't want to get rid of it. I've got two kids now, 7 and 6, and I've got another little one on the way. Am I crazy to think I can stick my older kids in the smallest footprint booster seats that I can find and put the baby's carseat in the middle and fit them all in the back seat?

Realistically, I only need to make this work for the 2 mile drive home from school/daycare every day. I'll swap my wife's vehicle out for something "family friendly".

Am I crazy to think this might work?

Oasis

Alright- so I've got a 2015 Toyota corolla. Low mileage and cheap so I don't want to get rid of it. I've got two kids now, 7 and 6, and I've got another little one on the way. Am I crazy to think I can stick my older kids in the smallest footprint booster seats that I can find and put the baby's carseat in the middle and fit them all in the back seat?

Realistically, I only need to make this work for the 2 mile drive home from school/daycare every day. I'll swap my wife's vehicle out for something "family friendly".

First check your state's laws about booster seats for the older ones. There are slim line booster seats and car seats that could possibly work for you.

I have a 15 rolla, me and my fiance sit in the front and my mom, 2 brothers sit in the back.

Only small person is my little brother, it's a tight fit but it works. Only issue is the car is noticeably slower with an additional 750lbs in the back lol

There is a big problem with the baby seats in the car. With our first baby, me and my husband bought a seat for the car, and a stroller. Honestly, we faced different problems so we decided that our second child will have a Baby Jogger that is convertible, easy to use, it has high quality, and the price is not that much for providing our baby and us with confort. I convinced my husband that is a good investment and we ordered it. Hope this information was useful for you.

There is a big problem with the baby seats in the car. With our first baby, me and my husband bought a seat for the car, and a stroller. Honestly, we faced different problems so we decided that our second child will have a Baby Jogger that is convertible, easy to use, it has high quality, and the price is not that much for providing our baby and us with confort. I convinced my husband that is a good investment and we ordered it. Hope this information was useful for you.
We also faced this issue with the car. Thank you for helping solve it!

If the car has low mileage I bet it will be the first car once the 7 yr old get its permit. It will last that long. About the car seats, as long as you don't planned to try to fit three Eddie Bauer's size car seat they should be fine. The only con is that they will be close enough to pull each others hair out, lol.

No, you are not crazy, and I am sure that it is possible to fit three car seats, all in the back seat? Of course, the car is not the best in this case, but at the same time I am sure that there are car seats that would fit perfectly for a Toyota Prius, so just try to get a consultancy from a company that provides car seats. I am telling you all this because I also was in a similar situation and my car also is not so big, so after a few unsuccessfully days of searching for the necessary car seats, I decided to sell the car, but in the last moment, I stumbled on this site https://carsandseats.com/evenflo-tribute-lx-convertible-car-seat-value-and-practicality/, I contacted the company and asked them what could they offer me. To my surprise, they had the car seats I was looking for.

i used to put all my weight on the car seats and used the floor pan hooks then the rear window deck hook, those seat never went anywhere lol... 3 car seats might be tight, the 2 outter ones might have issues buckling up... or in a crash you might struggle to unbelt them.... 2 mile trip, i'm sure youd be fine unless its a hellish drive... but as a parent, "most" parents would look at 3 car seats and use their common sense on the situation...

My brother had the same problem. His car was too small for his wife and 4 kids. First, you should check the law in your state and see if you are allowed to do that. You might want to take some extra measures to be sure that everything will be alright. There are many cases where in accidents, kids suffer due to the wrong placement of their seats in the car. You should even check on some organizations or companies like http://fosterplus.org/ if it's safe to do this. Like you said, consider swapping your Toyota car for a more family-friendly vehicle.