Belt squeak?

Hey guys, my like new 2015 corolla L makes a slight squeak noise when I tap the gas, is this normal for a car so new? Should I just bring it in to Toyota because I'm sure it's still under factory. Thanks

I haven't heard a squeak when I tap the gas. Can have them look at it or check your belt for wear.

The 2ZR-FE manually tensions off the alternator. There is no automatic belt tensioner, but I've seen them go 60,000 miles without slipping, so I don't think that is it.

hi ,my firend,my car which is generation 14 corolla in China has the same proplem ,but the noise is from CVT, is your CVT noise normal ? our TOYOTA in China can't deal , i have gone to TOYOTA R&M for serveral times during this year due to under factory.
thanks,look forwards to your reply

I haven't heard a squeak when I tap the gas. Can have them look at it or check your belt for wear.

The 2ZR-FE manually tensions off the alternator. There is no automatic belt tensioner, but I've seen them go 60,000 miles without slipping, so I don't think that is it.
Dk, can you elaborate on your last statement. I just went thru solving a belt issue on my 2004. Would like to better understand the diff on 2014+. Thanks...

The 1ZZ-FE ('98 - '08 non XRS) has a belt tensioner you slap a 1/2" ratchet on and turn away from the belt to slide it off. Belt tensioning is done automatically.

The 2ZR-FE ('09+) has two bolts that attach the alternator, and a third bolt sideways to the alternator. You crack the two main alternator bolts loose, then loosen the third bolt to remove the belt. Once the new one is on, you tighten until the longest run (which is crankshaft pulley to alternator) has 1/4" deflection. If you go too tight, you'll trash bearings. If you go too loose, belt will slip. Then you tighten the alterator back up. It's not as simple but there really isn't room for a tensioner on these engines, so they went old school.

The 1ZZ-FE ('98 - '08 non XRS) has a belt tensioner you slap a 1/2" ratchet on and turn away from the belt to slide it off. Belt tensioning is done automatically.

The 2ZR-FE ('09+) has two bolts that attach the alternator, and a third bolt sideways to the alternator. You crack the two main alternator bolts loose, then loosen the third bolt to remove the belt. Once the new one is on, you tighten until the longest run (which is crankshaft pulley to alternator) has 1/4" deflection. If you go too tight, you'll trash bearings. If you go too loose, belt will slip. Then you tighten the alterator back up. It's not as simple but there really isn't room for a tensioner on these engines, so they went old school.
Got it, thanks. The tension done by the 3rd bolt....yep did that on my 60/70/80s...lol