Braking with 18s on?

hey everyone. I just put some 18s on I’m not lowered yet but I noticed from coming from 17s to 18s the braking doesn’t feel as assuring as it did on 17s. Is this normal? Or is itthe tires I purchased? I got some all season kumho not the best but it feels fine just not the braking.
What can I do? Just get use to it?

hey everyone. I just put some 18s on I’m not lowered yet but I noticed from coming from 17s to 18s the braking doesn’t feel as assuring as it did on 17s. Is this normal? Or is itthe tires I purchased? I got some all season kumho not the best but it feels fine just not the braking.
What size rubber did you put on the rims?
If you calculated it correctly, there shouldn’t be any noticeable change.

When you add more unsprung weight going to a 18" tire/wheel combo your braking distance will suffer as will your acceleration time. That's why I stayed with a very light 17" wheel as it seems to be the sweet spot.

That's if you buy cheap wheels. My 18s are actually 2lbs lighter per wheel than the OEM 17s.
That's true to a point. My 17" wheels are 4 lbs lighter than my 16" OEM alloy wheels. Many good quality 18" wheels are still around 23-25 lbs each while good quality 17" wheels are around 17 lbs each. That is a huge difference in unsprung weight that affects braking and acceleration. The proof is in the fact that the OP even feels the difference. Even the tire can make a little difference. I looked at a few different tires in the 225/40R18 size and I saw tire weight vary from 21-24 lbs each. The difference between looks of a 17" wheel with a 225/45R17 tire and an 18" wheel with a 225/40R18 is nearly the same. In a comparison several years ago in a car magazine the 17" with a 225/45R17 actually out performed the 18" with a 225/40R18 tire. I know that some people love their 18" setup but it does adversely affect performance given the choice of the same wheel and tire in either size.