Car Problem

Having an issue once a month where I turn the car on and the check engine light and TRAC OFF light comes on and the car won’t move when in gear. Only remedy I know is to unplug the battery for a minute and then re connect. Anybody else have this issue?

When the engine light is on have you put a scanner to it to read the code ?
Well, I don’t have a personal one to put on when I break down in the middle of nowhere and of course when I take it to AutoZone any other time it shows no errors. It’s a damn gremlin!

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
You need to get more info. Get the codes read either by yourself or through the dealer. Even if the lights/codes come and go, you need to get this info however you can. Usually, you would just get the CEL light only but since the engine and trac/abs share inputs, when one light goes off, it will trigger the other as well. There was a recall for early 11th gen LE ECO models but since you have a S, this shouldn't apply to you. So like I said, before you jump to conclusions, get the code read.

jolly

Without codes - and some might be found in the memory of the system even when the event isn't occuring - its hard to say (don't assume it's a trans trouble because of a YouTube video !). Could be a minor thing (bad gas, untighten gas cap) or not, In any case, minor or major, it's not unusual for the TC light to come on at the same time as the CEL light. It simply tells you that because of whatever triggered the CEL, be careful, TC might not operate normally.

I wasn't suggestion that was his problem I was just searching for people with similar problems but everyone had a different out comes . Cause everyone with this problem went through a lot of wrong diagnosis , Maybe this will help him out a little before making a decision .