Considering purchasing extended warranty

Hello I have a 2016 Corolla SE. I bought it last year around april. I drove it over 33k in little over one year. I am just thinking of getting the extended warranty. Is that something I can still buy? any advice? I do have a KN cold air intake on the car.

jolly

Those are insurance policy rather than "warranties", really. They bet on fear of repairs cost to have someone pay a premium, hoping they'll end up as the winner. Personally, I rather "insure" myself by putting an amount aside each month while under warranty, having a reserve in case of repairs or... keeping my money. But if ti gives you peace of mind - that's their main argument - that's OK but do your homework : some have many restrictions or conditions, others don't so you have to be careful.

extended warranty on one of the most dependable cars on the road today? the salesman didnt even bothering mentioning extended warranties when i got mine...maybe he got tiried of hearing 'no' :).

So let me put it this way. I have a friend who owns a 2016 corolla.
He put 33k miles in 15 month. He does alot of high speed driving and does alot of reeving due to awesome sounds produced by the intake and the "sport button".
So my friend car takes alot of beating. Few issue he found, when taking a right turn over a hump in cold weather it will make noise. about 3 -5 times so far the door wont unlock while they key is on his pocket. Another time once the car was turned off, the radio dash started to flicker.

I had warranty on my 2010 corolla, it replaced the radio but that probarly covered the cost of the warranty but warranty also was much cheaper.

This time it cost more, if wanted the 8yr 125k, they asking 2k. Now thinking carefully, it is probably not worth it. my 2010 survived so far 110k with no issue.

anyone had issue with the door unlock sensor, front shocks or sprint(i have trd installed when purchased by dealer), or radio dash flickering.

After joining this forum, I have noticed more people have issues with the S model than any other. Mostly with the electronics such as mentioned above along with poor radio reception and crashing head units.
Haven't read much, if anything, on mechanical breakdowns.
I'm a DIY'er, so unless my engine blows up or the CVT falls apart, I can fix it.
And I'm learning that even if I have to buy new tools for repairs, it still ends up being less than a mechanic or shop!

I purchased the extended warranty...payed off my car 2 weeks ago.... it was for my own sake because the odds of something happening to your vehicle with electrical is 50/50... plus my dealership was having a special instead of standard 3 year protection i was able to get 4, which would make my car 8 years old before its completely out of warranty...sounds good to me.

After joining this forum, I have noticed more people have issues with the S model than any other. Mostly with the electronics such as mentioned above along with poor radio reception and crashing head units.
Haven't read much, if anything, on mechanical breakdowns.
I'm a DIY'er, so unless my engine blows up or the CVT falls apart, I can fix it.
And I'm learning that even if I have to buy new tools for repairs, it still ends up being less than a mechanic or shop!
Glad I bought a Premium LE particularly due to the front bumper look. Looks way better than "s" trim in my opinion. I also noticed that people that reported intune radio issues don't remember getting an update over the air, ever. I've got intune with navigation and have gotten an update three times already and no problems at 33k. Bluetooth connects like swiss watch every time, haven't had a single glitch. Knock on wood.

Hello I have a 2016 Corolla SE. I bought it last year around april. I drove it over 33k in little over one year. I am just thinking of getting the extended warranty. Is that something I can still buy? any advice? I do have a KN cold air intake on the car.
Why would you waste money on warranty on 2nd most reliable vehicle next to prius currently produced in the world?

Well, if you really do drive it to its limit, you may actually reconsider. Otherwise I agree it's not worth it, besides my friend from DSRLeasing had this car and was driving a lot as well, but managed without extended warranty as it really is an reliable machine.

I might actually want to get it. Today when I turned off the car and tried to lock it with the touch of the handle. the car keep saying "power off car" but it was already turned off.....I had to start it and then turn it off. and then the lock worked.

I might actually want to get it. Today when I turned off the car and tried to lock it with the touch of the handle. the car keep saying "power off car" but it was already turned off.....I had to start it and then turn it off. and then the lock worked.
Doesn't warrant getting a warranty in my opinion, glitch happens. If it was happening periodically then it's another story. I also have the convenience package with push to start and keyless fob and that never happened to me.

Well my car would not unlock or lock properly. that happened multiple time. I do have plasti dip on my car. not sure if they would blame that.

First I would remove plastidip from and around the door handle, not only the lines part on top which you lock with but underneath the handle where there is a black part (sensor) running along the handle horizontally, not sure what color your car is but mine is silver and it's easily noticeable if you look inside the door handle. If plastidip got inside of there or it's covered in plastidip you need to clean it all up on both driver and passenger door handle. Compare the insides of your door handles between front door and rears and you'll know what I'm talking about. My guess is it's gunked with up with rubber and is causing the issues you're experiencing.

If that doesn't help, knows maybe plastidip got inside other areas when it was applied or it may be a legitimate issue. Try the above and see if it corrects the problem. Did the issue start after you had your plastidip applied or has it happened prior to that as well?