Corolla 2015 - Trunk Lid Opens Half way

So my trunk lid opens only half way when I use the key fob or the trunk button to activate the release mechanism.
My previous 2009 model's trunk lid would pop open all the way up. I called the dealership and they mentioned that the new corollas have heavier trunks?

So I guess my questions are:

Anybody experience the same trunk opening operations? Does it open half way for you as well or all the way upright? I searched everywhere but found nothing . Just wondering if anything is stuck, causing the trunk lid to seize up.

It's a 2015 S model with no trunk lip if that makes a difference..

Thomas

Mine (2015 LE) only opens half-way as well, but then I can manually open it all the way when I actually get to the trunk. Personally, I prefer this.

If you're concerned this is a defect, visit a dealership and ask to try this with their Corollas.

My 2013 only opens a bit. I have the S model so it has the truck lid spoiler on it which adds weight. I only know of a few cars that will open fully with the fob. My brothers 98 Sable pops open like someone kicks it from the inside and bangs when the limiters are hit. I personally don't like the banging, trunk, doors or anything on a car. I Imagine your Corolla is made the way it is on purpose so as not to crash open when released. I know old school cars the tension could be adjusted in the trunk lid and likely on the new cars with goose neck hinges can be adjusted. I will check my trunk and let know what I see.

So my trunk lid opens only half way when I use the key fob or the trunk button to activate the release mechanism.
My previous 2009 model's trunk lid would pop open all the way up. I called the dealership and they mentioned that the new corollas have heavier trunks?

So I guess my questions are:

Anybody experience the same trunk opening operations? Does it open half way for you as well or all the way upright? I searched everywhere but found nothing . Just wondering if anything is stuck, causing the trunk lid to seize up.

It's a 2015 S model with no trunk lip if that makes a difference..
I have a 2015 S model with the spoiler. When you unlock the trunk it only pops up about an inch. Stinks when you have you hands full.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
that is exactly what it does pops up and stops about half way. some one taken a rubber bungee and wrapped it around a few turns of the bar, so when the trunk lid pops up, it will open up better. search on here somewhere I remember seeing or read it>?

I have my trunk rigged with a single bungie cord on my 2014 Corolla S Plus. Similar to the youtube video with the Camry trunk.