Entune Audio Issues

Owners,

I just got my 2015 Corolla and when I tried to add my car VIN into the Entune app it said my vehicle was not compatible. The salesman told me it should be, since it had the bluetooth hookup. Then he said I had to have apps available on the car's display, which I do not. Plus, he said it would have to GPS capable. The owner's manual talks about the app, but I have not hooked it all up successfully.

Does anyone else know a little more information about this?

D.J. Moore

The salesman told me it should be, since it had the bluetooth hookup
They all have bluetooth, for phone. Only the premium units have Entune app/GPS (on premium trims or option package).
On those, the lower button on the right side of the radio is actually a hidden slot cover for the SD card. On regular units, this button is for pause.

if you have the premium (gps) then you have the unit that will connect to your phone apps. The standard entune doesn't do this. The standard connects via bt to your phone for hands free phone use. You can text using the 15 standard (editable) replies via bt. You can only edit the 15 text while the vehicle is not in motion. Of which, it will save for the next time.

I really did not like Entune from the beginning when i bought my 2014 S Plus. Since then I have replaced all the speakers and headunit with Alpine Audio equipment. I couldn't be happier :)))

McKe

I also feel that my new Corolla, the audio is not quite what I was anticipating, I'm glad you found a better sound perrijman89

Yeah, the audio is easily the worst I have heard my entire life. My first mod will,probably be upgrading the speakers along with trying to add sound deadening. At higher speeds, there is so much noise I can barely hear the stereo.

I also feel that my new Corolla, the audio is not quite what I was anticipating, I'm glad you found a better sound perrijman89
Thanks! Me too. Lol I'm kind of glad my car door speaker went out lol. I found a lot better sound. My car is totally different with all the modds I did.

Yeah Pioneer was ok. i wanted something a little bit better in quality so I went with Alpine. I didn't really care for the Pioneer headunits that my local stero shop had that they could offer me so I wouldn't lose all of my features from the stock stero headunit.

In my case, I will have to keep my headunit as I have the factory navigation system. I just want some speakers on this thing that don't sound like they are crapping in my ears.

Yeah I had the regular Entune audio without Nav, so when I upgraded the headunit to the Alpine one I got it with Nav. It was the same price as the one without lol. It was on sale.

Had I known ahead of time just how crappy the stock audio was on our cars, I would NOT have opted for the factory nav system. I almost always buy my cars with the NAV because I like how it is integrated. You should see how amazing the factory NAV is on some of the Fords I have had.

Yeah Pioneer was ok. i wanted something a little bit better in quality so I went with Alpine. I didn't really care for the Pioneer headunits that my local stero shop had that they could offer me so I wouldn't lose all of my features from the stock stero headunit.
Which model alpine did you go with? How happy are you with the steering wheel controls? Any complaints?

I have the Alpine INE-W960. It's a great headunit and the installer was able to hook in the back up camera, which was a little tricky seeing that it is on a 6V system instead of a 12V system. So make sure whoever you have install it knows that. It has 15amp and 4 channels to power the speakers which is 10X better than the factory stero could ever do lol. I'm glad my passenger speaker in my car went out!