EXHAUST AND K&N FILTER

Gotta take the snorkel off the air box if you do the K&N drop in. Sounds better for free, flows better, and I actually saw a little mpg boost. But that's mainly around town. Didn't change highway mileage.

I did the borla exhaust and Injen Cold Air Intake. Sounds Great and gives it a little more MPG and a little more on the throttle.
I would do the injen CAI but right now I'm tight on budget so next year I'll install it but over all it gets about the sent mph n HP as your Borla and Injen

I would do the injen CAI but right now I'm tight on budget so next year I'll install it but over all it gets about the sent mph n HP as your Borla and Injen

which injen? link please? ive been trying to look but no luck on will it fit on corolla since amazon dont recommend it.

I'm talking about the intake tube for the airbox. The air gets restricted in that just to get to the air box. It's a pain in the ass to get off but worth it. Not gonna hurt your engine. It is for sound baffling only.

I've been researching the CAI's. They look awesome but.....
There is nothing to gain from having one, other than sound and looks.
In dyno tests found on you tube, they mostly rob the engine and kill power.
But they look sweet!
Our ugly stock box was engineered to deliver a specific amount of air that is tuned for the engine management setup.
Believe it or not, the short ram did better on the dyno.
Ok, comments are welcome!!

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
I've been researching the CAI's. They look awesome but.....
There is nothing to gain from having one, other than sound and looks.
In dyno tests found on you tube, they mostly rob the engine and kill power.
But they look sweet!
Our ugly stock box was engineered to deliver a specific amount of air that is tuned for the engine management setup.
Believe it or not, the short ram did better on the dyno.
Ok, comments are welcome!!
Not fully true. On some cars, the OEM intake is already perfectly good for the engine so that's why you'll see some that lose power when the CAI is installed. However, the OEM intake on a Corolla are designed to be cheap and restrictive so a simple CAI can and will free up some power. Someone with a 2010 Corolla did a dyno test before installing an aftermarket intake and after and he saw that he gained about 9 hp from doing so with an axleback exhaust. It's not much but it proves that it does actually work and it gives the car a better pull.

I did Injen Cold Air intake. But I also installed a Jet High Flow mass air sensor.
The wires are for lights. Just haven't tucked them yet.
Sick! So I assume the aftermarket Mass Airflow Sensor allows more air into the engine? Can you tell any difference? What about with the CAI? And if so, is it worth the steep price for the intake? I just have a K&N drop in filter with my borla exhaust.