Factory Spark Plugs

fishycomics

Super Moderator
What are the actual toy Rolla plugs, do they say NGK. I will have to inspect mine one day. My Honda was Just that NGK and I wil lstik with them and not Bosh!!!

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Be on my List to Inspect the Plugs as time nears but still Maintenance free Denso and NGK are what I think, and Bosh as a substitute. if found in your owner's manual, under the hood for gap info?

I ask for gapped one's and I still check the gap?

Spark plug gap should always be checked before installation. "Pre-gapped", spark plugs can have the gap change during shipping as the spark plug is bounced around, (I've seen this myself). NGK also states spark plug gap should always be checked and adjusted as needed before installation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't gap the plugs in my '08 Matrix per the manual, and had an intermittent miss on wide-open throttle that was fixed by (wait for it) ... gapping the plugs, LOL! But since there isn't a specification, I just set it to 0.050" if I'm not mistaken (the gap was bigger on all 4 plugs out of the box). If someone can find it for the 1ZZ-FE and 2ZR-FE, it oughta be stickied.

Last edited:

Kev250R

This is my other car
I agree with Scott, I always check the gap on my plugs, plus you never know how they were treated before you got them (think things never get dropped at the parts store? LOL) Plus several years ago I developed an ignition problem on a Dodge Ram P/U I used to own which turned-out to be due to mis-gapped plugs. Live and learn :rolleyes:

Kevin

So ... does Toyota expect me to travel all of the O'Reillys in SoCal to find the 4 plugs with the perfect gap? LOL! Reminds me of Clerks, the dude that was trying to find the perfect carton of eggs and claimed that he couldn't mix to match.