Flashing red under the word "Passenger" symbol underneath looks like a lock

I looked in my manual and can't find what this flashing red light under the word "passenger" means.

When I got into my car at the end of the day, the alarm beeped four times and that's when I noticed the flashing light. May be just a coincidence-can't imagine that the alarm would have anything to do with this.

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Karen

Do you have the push to start feature?
I do not, but I’m sitting here playing with the light your talking about.
It’s flashing now, when I insert my key it stops. When I remove my key, it begins to flash again.
It’s a part of the security system.
What year is your rolla? The battery in your key fob might need to be changed.

I just found online for what it says about "security indicator".
Vehicles without a Smart Key System:

The indicator light flashes after the key has been removed from the engine switch to indicate that the system is operating. The indicator light stops flashing after the registered key has been inserted into the engine switch to indicate that the system has been canceled.

I'll call Toyota tomorrow. My friend who knows a lot about cars was over my house, we both looked at the manual and couldn't figure out why the light was flashing.

Do you have the push to start feature?
I do not, but I’m sitting here playing with the light your talking about.
It’s flashing now, when I insert my key it stops. When I remove my key, it begins to flash again.
It’s a part of the security system.
What year is your rolla? The battery in your key fob might need to be changed.
I

It is a 2014. I bought it with 14,000 miles and now have under 20,000 miles. There was no alarm system-I had one installed. I have the most basic model -I have to have the car key separate from the alarm key.

Same year as mine.
I would ask the alarm installer.
I would think that they tapped into the engine immobilizer when they installed the alarm.
I’m not much help when it comes to today’s aftermarket alarm systems. I haven’t done any research and don’t have one for my car. Though I probably should!