Hard to start in hot weather

I have a 2008 Corolla it starts up fine in the morning, I go to work and at lunch time I go to start it and it takes a long time. I was told the throttle body was dirty, so it was cleaned, no difference. It also when I come to a stop the idle drops a bit and feels like it wants to die for a few seconds.
It passed smuggled recently with no problems.
This only happens when the car has been sitting in warn or hot weather.
Anyone help??

Your Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor may need to be cleaned. This is very easy to do, so don't let anyone charge you a lot of money to do it. Or if your interested in doing it yourself, I can probably find a guide that I can link to. Hope this helps.

Your Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor may need to be cleaned. This is very easy to do, so don't let anyone charge you a lot of money to do it. Or if your interested in doing it yourself, I can probably find a guide that I can link to. Hope this helps.
Yes if you can find one, that would be very helpful.
Thank you!

Here is a written guide.

Couple of tips:
  • Make sure you use MAF cleaner, which can be purchased at most any auto store.
  • Make sure you spray/clean both parts of the sensor, which is described pretty well in Step 6 of the guide.
  • When I cleaned mine a while back you could see it was covered with dust and soot. If yours is like that cleaning will help. But if it looks clean, then this might not be causing the problem (but still worth cleaning since you have it out).

Having similar problem with 2009 corolla. Check and see if the cooling fan is running at high speed when Air Conditioning is on. I am thinking that the engine gets warmer than normal when sitting after being run and will be hard to start. Somehow the control module is inhibiting the fuel pump to turn on until the crankshaft position sensor detects engine turning over and then will allow fuel pump to turn on. May not be that at all but that is what I am chasing now. Good luck

I had a car that had trouble starting if it was already at operating temperature and it was because the starter was going - it could still start the car if it was cold, but if it was hot the heat created too much resistance.

For me this issue built up gradually and once it wasn't starting when hot it was only a few days before the starter failed completely.

Trying googling the knowyourparts entry for starter-will-not-crank-when-hot-heat-soak/