Headlight Customizing

image.jpg image.jpg i didn't like the chrome trip in the front of my Corolla so I blacked it out with plasti-dip. I felt the same way about the silver within the headlights so I tried blacking those out the best I could as well. I like it because it's not permanent and causes no damage in the process. Usually I just paint trim pieces to match but this was easier. I also debadged the rear of the "Corolla" emblem. I've included before and after pics. What do you guys think?

Attachments

shah23

I just bought my car a week ago and it's the same color. I really like the debadge! To be honest I even kinda sorta like the headlight thing you've done.

Thanks, I did a different (curved) design rather than the straight slant you see on the headlights now but the shape of the plastic made it look weird so I changed it to what you see now.

I got my eyelids custom cut for our corollas for 12 bucks or so and you can get the side marker light as well for 19 for both i think legit stuff nice glossy shine to it easy to install

Looks good, careful around the police, I know around here you would end up with a "fix-it" ticket pretty quickly if not one for modified equipment

i doubt you will ever get a ticket for those eyelids.....and heres a tip....if you see in my user picture i had blue foglights...i got pulled over 2 months ago and i was about to be issued a fix it ticket....i simply told the officer "i can remove the light in 1 minute, all it is is a sticker sir"....confused he said ok show me ...so i got out and pulled off the vinyl and he let me go.....thats my tip if you ever get pulled over...i have the vinyl eyelids so i can easily peel them off...

i doubt you will ever get a ticket for those eyelids.....and heres a tip....if you see in my user picture i had blue foglights...i got pulled over 2 months ago and i was about to be issued a fix it ticket....i simply told the officer "i can remove the light in 1 minute, all it is is a sticker sir"....confused he said ok show me ...so i got out and pulled off the vinyl and he let me go.....thats my tip if you ever get pulled over...i have the vinyl eyelids so i can easily peel them off...
depends where you are, you'll get tickets all day long here in Va for anything on headlights or tails. Non-standard colored bulbs in any exterior lights, and addition lights will all have you putting that thing back to stock pretty quickly. Eyelids are not always a bad thing(although I like more light the better, and on rural roads, that included up). However tails and headlights that are tinted are unsafe, period, and should result in a fine, period.

I like the "S" to stand out and as for the "T's" I'm not sure what I want to do with those yet, I'm thinking led emblem but I haven't decided.