It fits, but...

0D4A4CAB-CD06-450D-8885-BB733DF6DF0D.jpeg ...I’m gonna need to do something with the shift boot.
I might buy the shift plate that goes on the automatic model since the rod is chrome.
Any other ideas would be appreciated!
PN: PTR51-00110

Quarter turn clockwise would be a perfect vertical picture. No fitment issues so far Chris? I'm not even sure how the regular shifter comes off (I want to put a ball on mine, but the TRD one is pretty neat too)
Are all my pics like that? They’re normal on my iPhone.

Anyways,
Just pull down on the boot chrome piece to unhook it and unscrew the knob. Lefty loosy righty tighty.

Following to see what you do with the shift boot.
Me too!
The shift plate that has just the slots and no boot, is on European models only. Best I can determine. Right hand drive.
I might get a universal LEATHER boot and make it work. I’m also looking into the TRD Pro shifter for the Tacoma. It has a square base for the factory boot to reattach to.

Yep that was my problem exactly. What a pain in the rear to put in a universal boot because of the weird shape that ours has. I finally got it though and it looks and functions perfectly! I'll upload pics in a little bit

Me too!
The shift plate that has just the slots and no boot, is on European models only. Best I can determine. Right hand drive.
I might get a universal LEATHER boot and make it work. I’m also looking into the TRD Pro shifter for the Tacoma. It has a square base for the factory boot to reattach to.
Truthfully, I think the one you have looks better than the Pro version. It’s too square for the flow of the corolla in my opinion.

Truthfully, I think the one you have looks better than the Pro version. It’s too square for the flow of the corolla in my opinion.
I agree!
I’m looking for a boot that just has a chrome ring on the top that can just free float on the shifter rod. I don’t need the boot attached to the shifter.
We’ll see, still looking for that special one. Lol

So I purchase a suede boot with chrome top from sickspeed.com
Hope it fits.
I will probably take it to an automotive upholstery shop. Not something that I want to mess up, I’m not much of a seamstress.

You can actually remove the ring that came from the original shifter boot and replace with a generic ring. If you remove the top plate with the prndm from the shifter assy you can see from the bottom that this ring is only held by plastic tie wrap.
That TRD shifter though is made for gated AT w/o shift boot so the ring is an inverted cone.
I replaced my PHDM gated shifter with the USDM shift boot type and somewhat misses the original leather shift knob.

You can actually remove the ring that came from the original shifter boot and replace with a generic ring. If you remove the top plate with the prndm from the shifter assy you can see from the bottom that this ring is only held by plastic tie wrap.
That TRD shifter though is made for gated AT w/o shift boot so the ring is an inverted cone.
I replaced my PHDM gated shifter with the USDM shift boot type and somewhat misses the original leather shift knob.
I tried to find the chrome ring, all I could find was the NEO chrome. I’m not into that.
But I might take the ring off the one I bought and put it on my stock boot, if it’s as easy as you say.
The shift rod is chrome too, so I think it will all match up nicely!
Thanks!!

I tried to find the chrome ring, all I could find was the NEO chrome. I’m not into that.
But I might take the ring off the one I bought and put it on my stock boot, if it’s as easy as you say.
The shift rod is chrome too, so I think it will all match up nicely!
Thanks!!
I'll just leave these here. The right one is has leather shift knob but the lower chrome part is not interchangeable because they have different key slots. Shifter.GIF 20160611_164202.jpg