Just Bought a 2017 Toyota Corolla IM, and have anxiety over something :-(

Hello, everyone...My husband and I bought our brand new Toyota Corolla IM yesterday: and this morning I started feeling anxious over the fact that the front seats sit lower in the car..The car tired are 17 inch...and it feels the body of the car sits too low to the ground. I am having visions of driving, and destroying the bottom edges of my car, if I hit a bump, etc..Is this a real worry I should be having: or have lower riding cars proven to drive comparable to cars higher up off the ground? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated :) Debi

Thanks for replying to my post...We bought the blue one...I must say, I really love the looks of it, too. It's a great looking car: and you'll be happy with the room it has, when the back seat is folded down...I prefer hatchbacks: and am glad we discovered that the Corolla now comes with a hatchback version. I love our car now <3

Just watch curbs when you pull up. I scrape in my 17 Corolla SE on occasion and grit my teeth. Don't go up further than you think. Always go less. Congrats. I wish the IM had AWD and I'd have one.

Nice car, I like the IM as well, I like the versatility. I test drove it when it was a Scion and I don't imagine there is any more issues with bumps and things than the regular sedan version.

Good morning, Dont worry, you got plenty of clearance on bottom !

To whom it may concern

Just bought a Toyota iM, nice little ride guys, I was wondering if there is someone out there
( maybe in Calif ) with after market parts, body kit, exhaust system etc...
shoot me with there info please, got business for them !

Thanks guys
3ddie @.
Texas

just got my tracking # for my new tires, going from 225/45/17 to bigger foot print, 245/45/17
should look and feel nicer ones I lower my ride and put on the new wheels and tires.
Sorry, but this wheels that there putting ON from factory, makes the iM look cheap !
On the fog lights , the Kit comes with 55Watts I like fog lights to be a bit brighter and stronger so am
putting on some 80Watts Ultra Whites !

3ddie @.

just got my tracking # for my new tires, going from 225/45/17 to bigger foot print, 245/45/17
should look and feel nicer ones I lower my ride and put on the new wheels and tires.
Sorry, but this wheels that there putting ON from factory, makes the iM look cheap !
On the fog lights , the Kit comes with 55Watts I like fog lights to be a bit brighter and stronger so am
putting on some 80Watts Ultra Whites !

3ddie @.
The 245/45R17 tire will be too tall. You should have bought 245/40R17 as they will be wider but would remain the proper diameter.

Yeah I love them low rides as well. I was kind of anxious at first as well, but got used to it and love it. Obviously it depends on whether you drive it as some roads can be unforgivable, but well I would never put my freshly leased at DSRLeasing car in such an environment.

I am a new owner of a slightly used iM. We also find ours low to the ground and it dos scrape on uneven surfaces and speed bumps etc. Is there any inexpensive way to slightly raise it, using adjustments to the suspension, , different tires etc? We live in a hilly area with uneven roads and also have a gravel drive which is uneven to. Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

I am a new owner of a slightly used iM. We also find ours low to the ground and it dos scrape on uneven surfaces and speed bumps etc. Is there any inexpensive way to slightly raise it, using adjustments to the suspension, , different tires etc? We live in a hilly area with uneven roads and also have a gravel drive which is uneven to. Thank you for any suggestions you may have.
I'm surprised as there is plenty of ground clearance if your iM is at stock height. The car isn't low by any means. I've driven my 2009 Corolla S Turbo which is lowered on gravel roads without issue. I just have to be aware of how to traverse the ruts and bumps. If you wanted a little more height you could get taller tires but that will only add a little and throw off your speedometer. Also keep in mode that when you think you are scraping you are only hearing the flaps that hang down which is no big deal. I think you are worrying about nothing.

That's not very encouraging about the ball bearings ... will try to check to see if it is just the flaps. Not sure how we can tweak the slope and nature of our drive to avoid this. It is under factory warranty so I assume it would be worth asking if anything is off with the suspension or if they have any relative inexpensive ideas how to handle this. I would hope we don't have to give up the car as it performs quite well and meets most of our expectations.

Just had a look under the car and the issue for us may be that the front bumper and grille seem lower than the rest. For now will try parking in a part of the drive before a slight rise in the gravel but will have to get the drive resurfaced soon.

Just had a look under the car and the issue for us may be that the front bumper and grille seem lower than the rest. For now will try parking in a part of the drive before a slight rise in the gravel but will have to get the drive resurfaced soon.
Not sure what you are seeing. If you look at the pic from the side the area below the front bumper actually is angled up a little and has plenty of clearance. It's actually higher than the middle of the car. If you are resurfacing the road you can make sure it is smooth and level in all the different grades.

The Corolla iM is a decent choice that looks good on paper thanks to its robust features list. But I think shoppers would be happier paying a little extra for a more well-rounded small hatchback.The car ranks near the back of the compact car class. The Corolla iM has an upscale interior and a good predicted reliability rating. I had this car from 2018 to 2021 until I received a new S-Class as a gift. Honestly, Toyota is worth all the money, I had the greatest pleasure to ride my car. Especially it is very cool to go on the long road, if you also have a joint made of several types of weed at hand, good company, xoxo is perfect.

The Corolla iM is a decent choice that looks good on paper thanks to its robust features list. But I think shoppers would be happier paying a little extra for a more well-rounded small hatchback.The car ranks near the back of the compact car class. The Corolla iM has an upscale interior and a good predicted reliability rating. I had this car from 2018 to 2021 until I received a new S-Class as a gift. Honestly, Toyota is worth all the money, I had the greatest pleasure to ride my car. Especially it is very cool to go on the long road, if you also have a joint made of several types of weed at hand, good company, xoxo is perfect.
I love my 17 Corolla iM 6MT. I think the iM is the best looking hatchback available. The ride is great, handles beautifully and gets great MPG. I added a DC Sports CAI and ceramic header, DNA exhaust, Quantum Solenoids and Jet MAF and it made a huge difference power wise. BHP increased from a stock 137bhp to 181bhp so it moves along much better than stock.

Attachments