Layered Window Tint

I know I talked about the windshield before. I'm not doing that anymore lol came to my sense lol. How about layering window tint just on the from doors? Anyone do it yet? I know all about the law so please don't tell me it's illegal I am well aware. I have 20% on there now and was going to add 35% over it. Or should I strip it and just do a single layer of 5%? Thanks.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Well this is Scots, and Don'sSite. I am sure if they do chime in they will both agree.
Don't look for attention, and if you want it, you'll get it by bringing it to you. I have removed all but the back glass tint and under the limit. not worth being bothered by new enforcement.

I say re-do it. It might not look the same if its from different brands, plus its better so that way you know that its going to be at the correct % and have a single layer instead. I'm assuming that if you layered it, it might peel off or not bond properly vs a Single layer.

The guy that did my window tint layered the back windows and it looks great? That's why I was thinking about have him layer the fron but just use a lighter shade. Or I was going to have it stripped and just go with 15% instead of 20% but people were saying that there isn't much difference between the 2? Does anyone have an pics?

I was actually considering some of the static-cling, easy to peel off darker tint that I could leave on in the summer, and take off in the winter. Pros: easy, cheap, quick to remove if I have to. Cons: may look like crap.

Cause I found a place that had 15% tint but like you guys said before it might look werid cause it is a different brand that's on there now.