LED High beam

It's one of the only lights I left as halogen, unfortunately. I use them ALL THE TIME going up mountain roads for fun, so the only LEDs that would be bright enough for my use are super expensive. I just opted for the Philips Crystal Vision Ultra bulbs. They do okay, better than stock, but not great. Eventually, I know I always say this, but eventually, I plan on installing an LED bar inside the front grille. No idea which one though.
A perk of the Crystal Vision Ultras is that the bulbs are colored blue so the reflection in the housings looks pretty cool when they're off. The light isn't blue though, it is just to offset the warm white halogen color to give it a better "true white". Maybe you can tell in the pic, idk.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00480J4UK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_9160 (2).JPG

It's one of the only lights I left as halogen, unfortunately. I use them ALL THE TIME going up mountain roads for fun, so the only LEDs that would be bright enough for my use are super expensive. I just opted for the Philips Crystal Vision Ultra bulbs. They do okay, better than stock, but not great. Eventually, I know I always say this, but eventually, I plan on installing an LED bar inside the front grille. No idea which one though.
A perk of the Crystal Vision Ultras is that the bulbs are colored blue so the reflection in the housings looks pretty cool when they're off. The light isn't blue though, it is just to offset the warm white halogen color to give it a better "true white". Maybe you can tell in the pic, idk.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00480J4UK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 2942
Looks like it has blue eyes.

I’m still looking into the vleds. Yeah, they’re expensive but sometimes you really DO get what you pay for.
I would go with Phillip’s, but they don’t make any 9005 LED’s.
I’ve been going back and forth between NOVA and JMU, usually coming back late. The stock high beams are not that great when I get up in the mountains and I can distinguish the difference where the low beams stop and the high beams begin.
That sounds wierd but I think you know what I’m trying to say. Lol

Ok, couldn’t control myself any longer!!
I just ordered the V6 triton 7443 amber LED turn signals from vleds.com !
I also bought the load resistors. It’s all plug and play so it was worth the $106 bucks! (To me) That’s with 20% discount and shipping.
They come with a 3 year warranty and a 30 day money back guarantee.
I’ll do an install video when they get here and post the link.
If these work out, I’ll get the new 9005 LED’s for my high beams.

Ok, couldn’t control myself any longer!!
I just ordered the V6 triton 7443 amber LED turn signals from vleds.com !
I also bought the load resistors. It’s all plug and play so it was worth the $106 bucks! (To me) That’s with 20% discount and shipping.
They come with a 3 year warranty and a 30 day money back guarantee.
I’ll do an install video when they get here and post the link.
If these work out, I’ll get the new 9005 LED’s for my high beams.
Sounds good man! Hey if it's worth it to you, then it's worth it! The only complaint I have about my 7443 switchback LEDs is that during the day when it's really bright out which is pretty much always here in LA, the lights are a little hard to see from a distance. This is because they don't fit perfectly in the reflectors, they're slightly oversized. At night though which is most important for me (people don't signal around here anyway lol) they're very very visible.
I'm curious how visible those one's you ordered will be during the day.

I know this doesn’t really go with the high beams but I ordered Auxbeams H11s and they’re bright. I can turn them on and illuminate a street sign more than a football field away. I’ve reviewed their brand and they’re pretty good for being 30$

Sounds good man! Hey if it's worth it to you, then it's worth it! The only complaint I have about my 7443 switchback LEDs is that during the day when it's really bright out which is pretty much always here in LA, the lights are a little hard to see from a distance. This is because they don't fit perfectly in the reflectors, they're slightly oversized. At night though which is most important for me (people don't signal around here anyway lol) they're very very visible.
I'm curious how visible those one's you ordered will be during the day.
I think the vleds are 500 lumens, which is definitely brighter than the incandescent bulbs.
I’ll add some day and night shots to my install video! Need new material for the YouTube channel!

I know that this is NOT part of this Chat, but this is what I did w my iM 2017
24" LED, made for it !

View attachment 3091
Awesome! As I said earlier in this forum I'm considering doing exactly what you did with the light bar. Which one did you use? Would you do me a HUGE favor and post some pics? All photos I can find online are of light bars mounted on the roof or high in the grille of cars, but mine would of course be very low to the ground like yours. I'm just not sure if it's worth it. Is it much better than the high beams?
Here's a quick photoshop of what I'm planning to do:
shop.jpg

Awesome! As I said earlier in this forum I'm considering doing exactly what you did with the light bar. Which one did you use? Would you do me a HUGE favor and post some pics? All photos I can find online are of light bars mounted on the roof or high in the grille of cars, but mine would of course be very low to the ground like yours. I'm just not sure if it's worth it. Is it much better than the high beams?
Here's a quick photoshop of what I'm planning to do:
View attachment 3095
I mounted mine to the bumper support. It’s easy to remove the bumper and support to mount it. I have a post on here somewhere with some pics.