lost bearing in halfshaft, replaced, car still wont move on 1992 toy corolla.

1992 toyota corolla, please someone help, some say its my tranny, the only thing it never had any bad tranny symptoms,
we replaced the right halfshaft, and my car went into drive for a minute, then died. we couldnt even push it. we had to literally slid it to move it, it broke free for a couple feet, then lock up again, then slid then broke free. when we jack it up the wheels in the front move, but wont even move in neutral.. someone please help

I learned my issue was a froze up "Differential" :(.
guess that's what they do when they get run dry............ LOCK UP ( per 2 local transmission guys/separate shops)
the whole trans needs rebuilt, as pinion bearings probably froze & seals are usually gone too among possible other unseen internal issues........cost about $1200-ish :(

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR ISSUE.................. one guy (on the down low,as i left head hung LOW) told me some owners have just refilled it , rocked it back n forth to see if it will free up , and drove it like they stole it , till they had cash to rebuilt it :eek::eek::confused:

You could buy a used tranny from a wrecking yard............and take yer chances on someone else's problem car??????????
or atleast have a trans shop inspect and put new seals on it i guess???? that would be a lil peace of mind i guess...maybe:):confused:??????