Mounting brackets under roof rain gutters?

I'm contemplating installing a roof rack and would like one that's flush with the side supports as opposed to the ones where the bars are sticking out. Although even these are kind of ugly.

I noticed that some vehicles have pre drilled mounting brackets under rubber rain gutters on the roof which would be ideal. This way I could make a custom very low profile aluminum roof rack that would cost me next to nothing compared to what they charge for Yakima or some other brands, plus they look fugly and bulky. I would like confirmation before I begin removing the rubber gutters.

I don't think they are pre drilled. But it's easy to remove the gutters, they are just pressed into a channel. Just start from the front or back and pull it up, may need a plastic tool to get it started.

I would like to mount a roof rack using the rain gutters-. has anyone drilled holes into the rain gutters??? please share.

i would like to use this rack. i am not sure what you mean .. because there many state of art products on market in this day and age that can seal against rain.